Has anyone else experienced a screen freeze?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Tab S3 screen Frozen and won't show any action on the screen when trying to reboot or when trying the power button and volume down routine to reset tablet.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
No. Since I can't get into recovery, there is a chance that my problem is the touch screen is down and I therefore can't see anything.
Can you turn off the device , force power down holding power button/volume down same time until turns off ?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The touch screen is the outer layer of the screen (the digitizer) - all you can "see" is what looks like clear glass. The LED screen is the part that shows you things. (There are a few different layers to what you're thinking of as "the screen".

A frozen screen is one that shows you the same picture all the time - like a photograph. You can see - but nothing happens.

If the screen is blank, that's not a frozen screen, that's a dead screen.

We can't really give you usable advice if we don't know what the actual problem is.

If you see nothing, hold the power button down for about 30 seconds and see if the tab restarts. If not (and you've had the charger plugged in for at least 3 hours), it probably has to go to a repair shop.

anon(10181084)

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
Maybe to force a reboot hold down the ye olde Volume down plus power button combination. Release that the minute you feel the tablet vibrate so that you don't go into download mode.

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante