Hi all,
    I'm currently looking at upgrading my Note 10.1 to a second had S3 LTE version.

I'm not going to sell an organ for an S4/S6.

So are they still a decent tablet for 2020.

If it's on the older OS do you recommend I dont upgrade?

Can the batteries be sorted if abused.

I'm a heavy S Note, Evernote, email, diary user, how do they perform on it.

Will the apk's of S Note install on it?

I'm a Scout Leader, with various roles so lots of admin and meeting notes to take on it.

Are you able to edit and save files on the SD card or is it only on the internal like my current tablet.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks,
    Kev.
    03-08-2020 07:03 AM
    Not sure exactly what version of Android the S3 is on or if it has an s pen like the Note tablet. I had a Note tablet about 8 years ago. Loved it.

Generally speaking older tablets may not support newer apps, but if it is Lollipop 5.0 or higher you should be able to use many apps. Not sure how well they will run.

Can you give me a little more information about the tablet please?
    03-08-2020 08:08 AM
    I found these reviews and looked at the spec. Looks like it could be a solid choice for an older tablet.

See if these help you make up your mind

Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 https://www.google.com/search?stick=...=sh/x/shopping
    aximtreo likes this.
    03-08-2020 08:16 AM
    great, thanks Kirstein
    03-08-2020 09:15 AM
    A few random thoughts...

I've seen some issues with Android Pie. My S3 would sometimes complain about charging slowly if I didn't use a fast charger. Of course, one comes in the box. I seemed to have some issues with power drain that have mostly been solved by setting the device to reboot every night. And I changed the setting to only charge to 90% or whatever percent it is.

Anything you buy will be old stock and the battery may or may not be losing some lifespan.

The device cones with an S-pen. It seems to work well.

I strongly suggest buying the 128Gb version if possible if your current storage is near full. My wife bought the 32Gb version, a year later I bought the 128Gb version. Guess which one is running out of storage...

If you don't care about the pen you might look at the S5e. It's cheaper.
    03-08-2020 09:28 AM
    I've been using my S3 since they first came out. Over all it's been a good tablet but wish it could be connected to the tv with a cord. I'll most likely get the S6 by the end of the year with the most internal storage as possible.
    aximtreo likes this.
    03-09-2020 10:52 AM
    I am having profuse thermal throttling (and temps up to 97C) issues and cannot seem to fix it. The kernel doesn't exactly like manual control either, so I can't manually override the throttling even though I have nothing to lose and am a veteran power user who did much crazier things back in the day. Would recommend going with something like an S4 as you'll get newer updates and the Snapdragon 835 it has (the same as in my phone) is leagues better than the SnapFurnace 820 in the S3. The S3 used to be really great but a combo of modern software and the deteriorated thermals is making mine feel not so great anymore.
    03-27-2020 12:28 PM