I purchase a Samsung Tab S4 about a week ago..Coming from the tab2 what a difference. The design is about the same as all the other Samsung tablets but the difference is inside..This thing is fast and the battery life is unreal..I personally think you should spend some time going thru the setting because some thing have been moved. Took me awhile to find the permissions setting to make changes.(Dont forget to check the 3 dots on upper right side of screen) Also I couldn't get the face recognition to work right because it kept using a pin first that I set up on security. Now FYI..if you are using a different UI like Nova are another launcher make sure to turn off screen lock in your launcher are the face recognition will not work properly. (That's when you go to Nova under advance and turn off screen lock) After that the face recognition should work great. Now I haven't tried the DeX thing yet still waiting on keyboard from Samsung.The stylus pen works great I had no problem using..Going to hook up a mouse to this thing and check it out. I will give updates after going thru this big bad boy once I get all my accessories.. My opinion Samsung done a great job with this one and would highly recommend .Also no need for download different keyboard Samsung has added some new keyboard options. 👍
    SpookDroid, txa1265 and Inkdnaija like this.
    08-21-2018 08:31 AM
    If you like Desktop interfaces, you're gonna love DeX on the tablet. I tried it out yesterday and it just feels at home. Some apps do act out, though, since they're not optimized for it But for the most part (FB, Chrome, Documents, Messaging apps, YouTube...) it works great. Only issue I found with it is that once you're in DeX mode, you are locked to landscape mode
    silverfang77 and Inkdnaija like this.
    08-21-2018 11:37 AM
    If you like Desktop interfaces, you're gonna love DeX on the tablet. I tried it out yesterday and it just feels at home. Some apps do act out, though, since they're not optimized for it But for the most part (FB, Chrome, Documents, Messaging apps, YouTube...) it works great. Only issue I found with it is that once you're in DeX mode, you are locked to landscape mode
    Agreed - but for me, once you have the keyboard, you won't even notice! I am very much liking the keyboard book cover - it isn't as good as the one for the iPad Pro (true in general), but I find it is rock solid and works well.
    08-21-2018 04:28 PM
    Turn on the lab mode in settings for dex. I do that for my phone and every app works. Also change send button in all messaging apps to send on enter button. This will work great with a keyboard.
    SpookDroid and Inkdnaija like this.
    08-23-2018 09:29 PM
    I love my Samsung Tab S4. The only app bugbear for me in DeX is Evernote!
    The primary note taking app that I use is Evernote and it does not even work properly on my new productivity device (even in DeX labs mode).
    I have requested support from Samsung twice - but still no response!
    10-20-2018 06:28 PM
    But how can you use Dex and charge the tablet at the same time?
    10-22-2018 12:55 PM
    But how can you use Dex and charge the tablet at the same time?
    I believe everyone is talking about using DeX on Tab S4 itself and not connected to an external monitor. So your USB port is available for charging.
    10-24-2018 11:07 PM
    DeX's concept is not bad and I love it, but I really felt it Tab S4 not have enough power to run it properly. Sometimes I simply minimise an app onto the task bar and relaunch it, the app will just hang and show a black screen. Need to close and open the app again. Also, even though we can use desktop mode on the browser, it is still not true desktop mode and not all websites can work well like on your PC.
    10-24-2018 11:12 PM
    DeX's concept is not bad and I love it, but I really felt it Tab S4 not have enough power to run it properly. Sometimes I simply minimise an app onto the task bar and relaunch it, the app will just hang and show a black screen. Need to close and open the app again. Also, even though we can use desktop mode on the browser, it is still not true desktop mode and not all websites can work well like on your PC.
    I've had no issues with apps doing that, but I've had issues with apps not showing up properly when re-sized (and that's not on the tablet, that's on the devs and how crappy Android is for tablets, no matter what anyone says). I've had four or five apps open at the same time and no hiccups. As for the websites, well, that's, again, not on the tablet, but on the sites. You can force desktop mode on your browser if you want the 'desktop' experience, but older/crappycoded sites will not work without plugins.
    10-25-2018 01:04 AM
    How would you compare this to chromebooks? I have tab s3 n I am looking to see it n buy this
    11-13-2018 05:10 PM
    I've had that issue with a few apps as well and not in DeX mode. It may be a bug?
    11-16-2018 03:44 PM