Amazon Video and Netflix in HD on Tab S4?

samxool

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone with a Samsung Tab S4 tablet confirm if Netflix and Amazon Video stream and download in HD?

The best way to check
1) Netflix - play the video called Test Patterns. After a few seconds, what is the resolution displayed in yellow text at the top?
2) Amazon Video - goto Settings, Stream & Download, Download Quality - then look at best, how much data does it use for 1 hour of video?
0.46GB of data and storage implies Standard Definition,
something like 1.82GB implies it streams in High Definition.

any help with this will be most appreciated.

I want to get an Android tablet that does both in HD, i can't believe the ipad and fire tablets are the only tablets that do both.

I'm hoping the Samsung tab S4 is the only android tablet that does. if so, i will buy one, but i'm not risking purchasing one only to find it doesn't do both in HD.

Thanks,

Tomcat31b

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone with a Samsung Tab S4 tablet confirm if Netflix and Amazon Video stream and download in HD?

The best way to check
1) Netflix - play the video called Test Patterns. After a few seconds, what is the resolution displayed in yellow text at the top?
2) Amazon Video - goto Settings, Stream & Download, Download Quality - then look at best, how much data does it use for 1 hour of video?
0.46GB of data and storage implies Standard Definition,
something like 1.82GB implies it streams in High Definition.

any help with this will be most appreciated.

I want to get an Android tablet that does both in HD, i can't believe the ipad and fire tablets are the only tablets that do both.

I'm hoping the Samsung tab S4 is the only android tablet that does. if so, i will buy one, but i'm not risking purchasing one only to find it doesn't do both in HD.

Thanks,
Amazon Video show 0.46GB of data and storage on mine. Not sure about Netflix as I don't have an account

samxool

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Amazon Video show 0.46GB of data and storage on mine. Not sure about Netflix as I don't have an account

Thanks Tomcat.

i put the same question out on XDA forums, and i've had someone respond that they have a way of getting Amazon Video to stream and download in HD (ie 1.82GB per hour as opposed to 0.46GB per hour).

I'm going to post his response below.
Is anyone with Amazon Video able to confirm that this works for them?
thanks

"I get 1.82GB per hour of video downloaded on best with Prime on my Tab S4, but only after I've started streaming something.

Before that, it is 0.46GB per hour.

I think that when you first start the app, it hasn't determined its capabilities.

For example, I was streaming Preacher this evening and when I paused it showed it was playing in 1080p. Heading into the quality settings at this point showed 1.86GB of data per hour on both streaming and downloads. If I kill and restart Prime, it's back to 0.46GB.

Regards,

Dave"

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech