Onscreen keyboard problem

BullwinkleMoose

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
On-screen keyboards with adequate sized space bar - because if the spacebar is too narrow I tend to hit the Bottom bar instead - take up so much room on the screen that on a lot of places I can barely see what I am typing. The old style screen was higher and things fit in it better.

BullwinkleMoose

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Yeah but I'm already using a stylus or the very fine pointed S4 pen! I'm continuously trying to find a decent on screen keyboard, but play store is loaded up with Cheetah garbage. Here, this SwiftKey looks like it might be OK...

BullwinkleMoose

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
The big problem now is that the bottom bar pops up and stays up whever i open up an onsreen key board incuding this new SwiftKey board. Why is it doing that? Normally i have to swipe the hidden bottom bar up.

BullwinkleMoose

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
I went to Best Buy and spoke with a guy there who also owns the Tab S4 plus he said he worked for Samsung for four years. His S4 has the same problem and he doesn't know how to fix it either - whenever an onscreen keyboard is opened up the navigation bar is permanently affixed to the bottom of it with no way to get rid of it, both taking up the scarce vertical screen space and making it all too easy to hit instead of the space bar. This "feature" must have been snuck in with one of their updates because I don't think it was like that originally.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I recently bought one of these as well and noticed that anytime I unlock the tablet or go from holding it in landscape to portrait it automatically pops up the keyboard. I have tried changing to a different keyboard but they still pop up automatically. Is that a built in setting or is there some way to stop this annoying behavior?