Has anyone successfully paired a bluetooth mouse with the Tab S4?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have been able to pair the Microsoft ARC Bluetooth Mouse, but the Tab S4 is reading it as an input device (keyboard) instead of a mouse, so I do not get a cursor. I cannot find anything online on how to address this issue.

greatg67

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I've paired an MS mouse. But it keeps disconnecting each time the screen times out or I switch into\out of DEX. Then I have to do the pairing all over again. Is there a setting that will keep the mouse connected?

Brew Swayne

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
No hassle pairing with my Apple Trackpad. I also tried with an old wireless mouse that uses a USB receiver but that didn't work.

bill-e

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I have successfully used a Logitech wireless BT/Unifying receiver(USB) mouse. The trick is that the mouse must first be paired with the USB receiver on a PC and then it can be used about anywhere. Don't know if this applies to other brands.

Brew Swayne

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
We just bought a Logitech mouse for my g/f to use with her laptop...I forget the exact name or model of it, but it has the big trackball you use for scrolling instead of moving the mouse around. It was like $22 at Best Buy. Anyway, after she hooked it up to her macbook, I grabbed the usb receiver and plugged it into my Tab S4 (using the usb c adapter that came with my Note 8 phone) and it worked just fine.

TinyLaniakea

Nov 17, 2016
Visit site
also have this issue with my new Galaxy tab s5e.
got my Microsoft Arc mouse a couple of years old, that one in light silvergrey that bends when you close it.
but for some strange reason, it doesn't show the cursor after it has connected, and on all my other devices it works great this mouse.
other mouses like Rapoo MT750s have no problem connecting.
not sure what is the reason?? certain protokol? that are lacking in Samsungs tablets?
and would be a shame as these thin MS mouse would be ideal for this model with lack of pen and trackpad.

jpstephens225

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I have a Microsoft mouse that will connect once, then if the tablet goes to sleep it's gone. No cursor ever again until I unpair and repair. I have also connected a Logitech trackpad and I get no cursor there. I'm wondering if I've missed a setting somewhere for Bluetooth mouse??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret