Tab s4

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I ordered one through Sprint and its set to deliver tomorrow. Cant wait. Had some experience with the S3 previously and enjoyed that.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You'll love DeX without an external monitor. If you're into that you can now use Linux on DeX and feel further like a true laptop replacement.

Only thing that might drive you nuts is a bug that all tabs exhibit: most steaming video has a slight sync delay between audio and video when using the built-in speakers (BT and headphones work ok).

SDTRMG

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
You'll love DeX without an external monitor. If you're into that you can now use Linux on DeX and feel further like a true laptop replacement.

Only thing that might drive you nuts is a bug that all tabs exhibit: most steaming video has a slight sync delay between audio and video when using the built-in speakers (BT and headphones work ok).

This is quite odd, I've never experienced this on my device. I'm gonna run some testaybe in haven't noticed.

OP the tab is an amazing device, especially with a keyboard/case.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Try it on YouTube. Netflix and local video usually syncs up better, but it's more noticeable on YT. It's not horrible, it's just... there. And it 'goes away' if you plug in your headphones.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site

Sorry, noob on this. How will Linux on DeX benefit ordinary users like us who are not programmers?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, noob on this. How will Linux on DeX benefit ordinary users like us who are not programmers?

Not a lot, since Linux isn't exactly the friendliest of environments, BUT it does open up the possibility to use actual desktop apps...as long as they support Linux and don't have a manufacturer-specific processor requirement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair