The screen works fine when the top flap of the case is open: https://ibb.co/mGfvpf

However, the screen auto turning off when the flap is folded back for one hand use: https://ibb.co/mt84h0

Pls Help!!
    11-19-2018 12:23 PM
    Only solution is to get a new case with a better design. The magnet on your case is probably too strong and positioned in such a way that it is enough for the tablet to 'sense' it when you fold it back. I had that issue with my Poetic case on the S3.
    T Mike likes this.
    11-19-2018 12:27 PM
    hi,

i searched for hundreds of cases and finalized this case as it looks very gorgeous. i guess i will add some cardboard/paper exactly behind the tab and try to make it work.

Thanks
    11-19-2018 12:45 PM
    What I did with mine to 'live with it' was to remember to fold the tri-fold (when used as a base or raised typing) away from the back, and when putting it towards the back so that it lays flat, I just folded the part with the magnet away from the tablet. Not perfect, but it is what it is.

In your case, however, this looks like a 'stiff' flap, so you won't be able to do what I did. Hope the cardboard will do the trick, but with that material, it'd have to be THICK.
    11-19-2018 12:48 PM
    HI,

just tried but the cardboard trick doesnt seem to be possible given the thickness i need to put in-between.

Also, i read that these magnets in the flipcase can make the screen have deadspots. is that true?
    11-19-2018 01:16 PM
    Yup, absolutely. The one I had with the S3 always had issues with the S-Pen in the two magnet spots when flipped back. You can test it out, just try to scribble anything towards the edge of the screen... the S-Pen strokes will either stop registering or get super thin around the magnet(s). If yours are strong enough to trigger the screen on/off toggle, chances are it's strong enough to interfere with the S-Pen hardware.
    T Mike likes this.
    11-19-2018 03:58 PM
    Thanks for the help! i guess ill keep this case until i find a suitable replacement

Thank you!
    11-27-2018 03:06 PM