Considering a Tab S4

bill-e

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I can get a Tab S4 for nothing (actually using some of my abundant airline miles). considering the 256k Wifi version w/bookcase.

I really don't need a 2in1 as I already have a Galaxy Book LTE but I no longer have an Android tablet (Note Pro 12.2 was stolen) and I do miss my Tapatalk and other Android apps.

So I'm looking for an Android tablet and the Tab 4 looks like a great Android tablet. DEX isn't important to me but I might use it on occasion.

So, taking the cost out of the equation, is the Tab S4 the best Android tablet out there now? Is it too big for a tablet? I also have subscriptions to both Netflix and Prime and do watch a lot of streaming content.

Thanks.

iFortWorth

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I can get a Tab S4 for nothing (actually using some of my abundant airline miles). considering the 256k Wifi version w/bookcase.

I really don't need a 2in1 as I already have a Galaxy Book LTE but I no longer have an Android tablet (Note Pro 12.2 was stolen) and I do miss my Tapatalk and other Android apps.

So I'm looking for an Android tablet and the Tab 4 looks like a great Android tablet. DEX isn't important to me but I might use it on occasion.

So, taking the cost out of the equation, is the Tab S4 the best Android tablet out there now? Is it too big for a tablet? I also have subscriptions to both Netflix and Prime and do watch a lot of streaming content.

Thanks.
I'm loving mine that Santa brought me. I, personally wouldn't, and didn't pay full price for it. But I got a excellent refurbished one from Best Buy for about$450. I think that's a good price point for it.

bill-e

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Yea, $450 is about right. I've got like 2.5 million airline miles and this is only 103k so I look at it as free...which is a good price but I'm still looking for some encouragement ;)

iFortWorth

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Yea, $450 is about right. I've got like 2.5 million airline miles and this is only 103k so I look at it as free...which is a good price but I'm still looking for some encouragement ;)
Let's put it this way. I've not touched my iPad since I got this.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I am picky about my devices and their quality. I LOVE my Tab S4. No issues, works fantsstic and keeps up eith everything. I dont miss mu Note 9 when Im giving it a break and using the Tab S4, like right now.

bill-e

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I clicked on the buy button on a 256k grey version with Bookcover this morning. This is through United MilagePlus so I have no idea how long it will take to get delivered......oh the anticipation ;)

Doing the math on the points at their current value, I paid $660 which seems to be a good deal.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
It's a great Tablet. Really outdoes the iPad in terms of offering an overall tablet experience that can also handle some light desktop stuff. You'll enjoy it.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. I clicked on the buy button on a 256k grey version with Bookcover this morning. This is through United MilagePlus so I have no idea how long it will take to get delivered......oh the anticipation ;)

Doing the math on the points at their current value, I paid $660 which seems to be a good deal.
Hey, if you can get one of these just with mileage points, that's awesome! Worth a few extra days waiting.

bill-e

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Hey, if you can get one of these just with mileage points, that's awesome! Worth a few extra days waiting.

Plus the Best Buy price on this tablet is $749 + $51 for the book cover case so my free ($660) points purchase saved me $140 which I would have never expected considering it's not competitive marketing.

bill-e

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Ahh, the agony!!

"Thank you for your interest in the United Airlines Mileage Plus Merchandise Awards Program.
Please be advised the average timeframe for shipment is 10-15 business days.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 256GB w/ Book Cover – Gray you redeemed is expected to ship on or before 1/25."

M24karat1

May 20, 2019
Visit site
Sure it's well worth it that's why there's a thing called eBay I got the Samsung tab S3 when it first came out off eBay for $150 some guy got it by mistake he wanted an iPad used it once put it back in the box perfect condition. I got the Samsung Tab S4 sealed never used brand new $420 no tax free next day shipping. The worst thing you can do is buy it at the outlet stores like Best Buy they're going to church top dollar and that's why God invented eBay.
: )

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

Thanks.

Just took a dive and got one from Bestbuy today. Was using Hauweii M5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid