Shop HP’s Memorial Day Sale:Save up to 61% on PCs and more!
    When clicking on an Amazon link, I cannot for the life of me get this tablet to open the Amazon app. I've cleared default app settings like 3x and also cleared default settings for Chrome and Amazon apps numerous times...I've lost count. I've set the Amazon app to open supported URLs in the app, but everything Amazon related still opens in Chrome. I've even tried setting it to ask before opening, but even that doesn't work. It just goes straight to Chrome.

So far, this seems to be strictly limited to Amazon. If I click on a Best Buy link or an ESPN link or any link that I have a matching app for, it opens in the app.

Anyone experiencing this? Any suggestions?
    03-20-2019 01:35 PM
    Amazon works for me. Try clearing the cache on both apps....unless that's what you meant by clearing the default settings.
    03-20-2019 02:37 PM
    Yeah, I've tried that too.

What I meant by clearing defaults was that I cleared all defaults so that I basically had to start over again with establishing default apps for various functions and actions.

None of it is working and it's super annoying.
    03-20-2019 02:51 PM
    Have you tried uninstalling Chrome and Amazon and then re-installing? If you can't uninstall Chrome, try temporarily disabling it.
    03-20-2019 02:55 PM
    Can't uninstall Chrome since I'm running the stock launcher and not rooted or anything. Uninstalled/reinstalled Amazon though...no change.

I didn't catch this during my initial setup, but the Amazon Tablets app says it may not be optimized for my device. That's kind of weird. Wonder if that's the problem?

I tried installing the regular Amazon Shopping app too, just to see if there was any difference, but that one failed twice during installation.
    03-20-2019 03:04 PM
    I have the non-tablet version installed
    03-20-2019 04:10 PM
    As tadpoles suggested, try disabling the Chrome app since you can't uninstall it. See what happens then.
    03-25-2019 06:29 AM
    As tadpoles suggested, try disabling the Chrome app since you can't uninstall it. See what happens then.
    Disabling leaves me with no browser, so I'm not sure how that would help. Samsung Internet, surprisingly, wasn't preloaded.

The problem seems to be that chrome isn't recognizing the Amazon app as being installed on my tablet. I did a Google search for Tab S4 Covers. In the search results, Chrome identifies Best Buy and Shop Samsung apps installed. But nothing for Amazon.

I'm not a genius, but I'm pretty sure this is the issue.
    03-25-2019 08:40 AM
    I've also tried installing the regular Amazon app, but it always fails during installation.
    03-25-2019 08:49 AM
    One thing that seems kind of odd is that even the Amazon for Tablets app (which is what I have installed) states that it isn't optimized for my device. I guess that could be part of the problem.
    03-25-2019 08:51 AM
    I don't think mine opens in the app either. I usually add to cart then go to the app if I want to buy that way.
    03-25-2019 01:55 PM
    I have the Amazon for Tablets app on my Tab S4 and it functions just the same as the app on my phone.
    03-25-2019 04:03 PM
    One thing that seems kind of odd is that even the Amazon for Tablets app (which is what I have installed) states that it isn't optimized for my device. I guess that could be part of the problem. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...c142b7e095.jpg
    My Amazon for tablets app doesn't open the app either from Samsung Internet . I uninstalled and installed the regular app and it worked, but is not suited for a tablet this size. Back to the tablet app. Both apps show not optimized for this device. Maybe someone will figure it out.
    03-25-2019 07:06 PM
    I also received the "not optimized for this device" message, but I installed it anyway and it seems too work just fine.
    03-25-2019 07:26 PM
    Let's see

eXtremeRate Soft Anti-Slip Silicone Controller Cover Skins Thumb Grips Caps Protective Case for Microsoft Xbox One Elite Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MQYVTCS...cUvbUpU6513202
    03-25-2019 07:35 PM
    Let's see

eXtremeRate Soft Anti-Slip Silicone Controller Cover Skins Thumb Grips Caps Protective Case for Microsoft Xbox One Elite Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MQYVTCS...cUvbUpU6513212
    Here is what I got... Amazon tablet app not even listed...
    Attached Thumbnails Problem Setting Defaults-302.jpg  
    03-25-2019 07:46 PM
    Mine went straight to Chrome.... Ugh
    03-25-2019 08:32 PM
    I've pretty much given up on it at this point. I even tried the Open Link With app and that sort of works, but not as well as it could or should. I'm just going to uninstall the Amazon app and I'll just do my shopping via their website. I've noticed this issue isn't limited just to Amazon either. WalMart, Sam's Club and a few other store/shopping apps don't open either. Might as well just uninstall them and save a few MB of storage space. Maybe in a few months it will all get sorted out and I'll reinstall them. lol.
    03-25-2019 08:38 PM
    I lied. I didn't give up on this. And persistence finally paid off. I uninstalled Amazon for Tablets. Tried installing the regular Amazon Shopping app one more time. Installation failed...again. I wondered if I could successfully load an older version of Amazon Shopping from my Note 8 backups. So I went to my Google Drive and saved an .apk from 2016 to my tablet. Wouldn't ya know, it installed (though it did take 3 tries). Then I went into Play and applied the update.

This didn't 100% fix the problem though. Tapping on a web link for Amazon still opened in Chrome, but the "Open Link With" app gave me the prompt to select the app I want to open links with, set it to "always," and viola!...now it's opening the Amazon app every single time I click on an Amazon link. With the Amazon Tablet app, it wasn't applying the "always" setting and required me to select the Amazon Tablet app every time.

I don't know why the Open Link With app didn't function properly with the Amazon Tablet app, but I don't particularly care at this point.

If you're obsessive about little things like this and want your tablet to open Amazon links in the Amazon app, then this looks to be the way to go. I've included a link to the Open Link With app for you to install. If you don't have an old Amazon .apk to go to, pm me and I will share mine with you.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...aniac.openwith
    03-26-2019 10:20 AM