Tiny scratches on screen?

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've been using the tablet with the case linked below for about a month. Functionally it's fine, but I'm not sure if it's causing these tiny scratches on the screen as the keyboard contacts the screen when the case is closed.

I attached photos but I couldn't get the camera to focus clearly enough so you probably can't see the scratches. Right now it's no big deal because they're small and only a couple of them. My concern is that the screen seems delicate to be scratched by ABS plastic? I used my Note 8.0 tablet for six years with obviously much older screen material and never had anything like this. For now I'm just putting a piece of microfiber cloth on the screen before closing, but I don't feel that should be necessary for whatever generation of Gorilla Glass we're on.

Fintie Keyboard Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 10.5 2018 Model SM-T830/T835/T837, Slim Shell Lightweight Stand Cover with Detachable Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GWPXK4...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU656688420190619_095754.jpeg20190619_095711.jpeg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Be careful about any crumbs or other debris on the keyboard, because that could easily cause scratches. I've had that occur on my Pixel C.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Most likely it is Sand on the keyboard scratching the screen. Sand is actually really hard and can scratch the screen even when you use a Microfiber cloth to clean it off. I use the camera lens cleaning wipes for portable uses, and the cleaner bottle with a microfiber cloth at home and work. It is very unlikely that the plastic keys are scratching the screen.

Capture.JPG Capture2.JPG

https://www.amazon.com/Zeiss-Moiste...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6566965

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GPVQVC...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6566965

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Ok, thanks. I think getting some little rubber feet to put on the corners of the keyboard which will keep the flat plastic parts from touching the screen. The bezel at the top of the keyboard is pretty dirty with small particles now that I look at it, so it was probably that. It probably should have had that in the first place, but oh well.

Thanks for the responses, I will be able to make it work.

Brew Swayne

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
I clicked on the link and read the 1* and 2* reviews and there were a few (maybe 3?) other people complaining about the keys scratching the screen, so I guess it's possible that's what you're experiencing, but they were so limited in comparison to other complaints that it's hard to take them seriously. As others have said, you probably got a grain of sand or some other speck of something abraisive on the keyboard that is scratching your screen.

I second the Lens Wipes. That's all I've been using on my phones and tablets for the last few years.

JREwing

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
We use lens wipes on all of our tech screens. And it works for your eyeglasses as well. We buy the 250 box at Sam's Club. Lens Wipes dont streak. They are very handy. I keep them in my truck, backpack, pockets, everywhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles