My Samsung tablet S4 keeps restarting in some apps with sound

Java House

Aug 1, 2019
Visit site
Hello

The s4 tablet keeps restarting when running apps with sound and I need some help.
Can someone follow the bellow steps and let me know if they experience the same issue?
We have found several applications (e.g Voletarium Sky Explorers, Space
Flight Simulator) that cause Samsung tablet s4 to restart as an example:

Install application Spaceflight Simulator
Make sure you have turned the sound to max on the tablet
Start Spaceflight
Build New Rocket
Add 5 Hawk engines
On top of them add 5 fuel tanks
on top add 5 Command modules
connect the fuel tanks with 4 Side separators between them
Click on the play button
Click Launch Anyway
Click on all engines each one at a time
click on the Off button that turns into ON
and then increase throttle
As soon as throttle reaches above 60% Tablet crashes and restarts.

We have found that the Samsung Tablet S4 crashes in many occasions.
Samsung said to send the tablet for verification but they haven't confirmed if they can replicate this issue on another S4 device.

Best Regards
Nikolas

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like the battery can't take that sudden call for a lot more power to power that very loud sound. Do you regularly let the battery drop to much less than 40% before recharging? That could do it in a year, especially if you let it drop to near 0%. (About the smallest deep-discharge battery that could supply the power [34 Watts] that battery does is a small motorcycle battery. Lithium batteries don't last long if you deep-discharge them.)

Java House

Aug 1, 2019
Visit site
The laptop is one month old and we experience this from the beginning with fully charged battery.
If it is battery related then it is a faulty battery.
I wonder if there is anyone else with tablet S4 that could replicate my steps.

ahmad fahmy

Jan 31, 2020
Visit site
The laptop is one month old and we experience this from the beginning with fully charged battery.
If it is battery related then it is a faulty battery.
I wonder if there is anyone else with tablet S4 that could replicate my steps.

Dear brothers
I have the same problem
When i turn my volume up to max it restarts or shuts down by itself.
Its samsung galaxy tab s4
So, have you found any solution?
Please tell me

bill-e

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Typically that is often a sign of a failing battery. Try turning down the brightness so that you can carely see the screen and then see if the loud volume causes the issue

Bill
---
S21 Ultra, Tab S4, Gear S2, Galaxy Book (original), Tab S4, Gear S2

Last edited:

Green Bike

Dec 3, 2020
Visit site
Typically that is often a sign of a failing battery. Try turning down the brightness so that you can carely see the screen and then see if the loud volume causes the issuw

Bill
---
S21 Ultra, Tab S4, Gear S2, Galaxy Book (original), Tab S4, Gear S2

I charged tablet to 100%, then start to play game. Tablet reboots on the same sound of shooting.
Or I listen sound messages in viber. Tablet reboots on the same sound message.

All are strange :-

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That makes me wonder if there's some loose internal connection, or perhaps something is prone to shorting out, such that the energy required to make that loud sound is causing the tablet to power off. Have you already tried it in Safe Mode? You won't be able to test that game or Viber, but you could use one of the preinstalled apps to play some loud noises and see if the problem persists. If it does persist in Safe Mode, then you'd have to bring it to a repair shop.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hello
I have the same problem
S4 reboots on sound messages and shooting sound in some games.

Have you found any solution?
I charged tablet to 100%, then start to play game. Tablet reboots on the same sound of shooting.
Or I listen sound messages in viber. Tablet reboots on the same sound message.

All are strange :-
Hi, welcome to AC!

You have to remember that device is very very old and running on ancient hardware /software so it survived this long your lucky , but me personally wouldn't invest in fixing what issues are going arise . Most in this thread Moved on from that device you probably won't hear back from them

Green Bike

Dec 3, 2020
Visit site
Hi, welcome to AC!

You have to remember that device is very very old and running on ancient hardware /software so it survived this long your lucky , but me personally wouldn't invest in fixing what issues are going arise . Most in this thread Moved on from that device you probably won't hear back from them

smt835 (tab s4) was released in 2018, and I still receive firmware updates.