Security Update

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Got home from work yesterday and had the AT&T October Security update waiting for me. I haven't noticed any changes other than the security date is now October 1, 2019. It was a really fast update so I doubt much else came with it.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The Tab S4 (unfortunately) is in it's last few months of updates, so I wouldn't expect much in terms of that beyond security updates (which, granted, it's been great at keeping up so far!) and perhaps Android 10.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
The Tab S4 (unfortunately) is in it's last few months of updates, so I wouldn't expect much in terms of that beyond security updates (which, granted, it's been great at keeping up so far!) and perhaps Android 10.

I'll be surprised if they update the S4 to Android 10 at this point. I could be wrong but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
They will (I mean, the Tab \ S3 even got security updates this year and the S7 phone got the October patch... S SEVEN!). Samsung's been good with their 2-year updates with flagships so far.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
They will (I mean, the Tab \ S3 even got security updates this year and the S7 phone got the October patch... S SEVEN!). Samsung's been good with their 2-year updates with flagships so far.

From what I hear there isn't much difference between Android 9 and 10 anyway. It's great that they are still supporting older devices though. Big change from the past.