Poor battery life on brand new Tab S5e?

Acc3r

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello, just today I bought a brand new galaxy tab s5e. It works, but I'm getting very poor battery life. Every 4 minutes it drops 1%, so that would amount to just over 6 hours of on screen time. People are getting over 12 hours of screen on time. I tried factory resetting, but that didn't help anything. This is with wifi on and 70% brightness. I have the wifi only variant.

Last edited:

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
could be what you are running. Mine does not last 12 hours either but it is expected because I am using it when it drops. some days I get six hours or less, other days I get six hours or more because of the different apps I may be using that day.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I moved this to the Tab S5e forum for more specific traffic.

Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which may show Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The first thing I'd do is get rid of Vanced. That violates YouTube's terms of service (which is why it's not in the Play Store -- and we typically don't allow discussion about it on the forums). Since you presumably sideloaded it from somewhere, there's always the risk of malware or otherwise unwanted apps that may have piggybacked on it. Or maybe the app itself chews up battery.

Acc3r

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
One day I got over 9 hours of screen on time and there was still juice left and some days I get only 7 hours of screen on time.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
One day I got over 9 hours of screen on time and there was still juice left and some days I get only 7 hours of screen on time.

that is good. as I said in a previous post, it really all depends on what you are doing on it. I have a game on mine and can literally watch power drop as I play it. Lucky to get 6 hours then.

Acc3r

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
that is good. as I said in a previous post, it really all depends on what you are doing on it. I have a game on mine and can literally watch power drop as I play it. Lucky to get 6 hours then.

I understand. I mainly browse reddit, internet and watch YouTube. Also ebook reading. It's strange that many reviews state that it has over 10 hours of battery, some say even 12.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
I understand. I mainly browse reddit, internet and watch YouTube. Also ebook reading. It's strange that many reviews state that it has over 10 hours of battery, some say even 12.

imo, it is not unusual. I never trust reviews when it comes to battery because every user is different - I always expect less no matter if it is a tablet, laptop or whatever. You said you watch video, videos uses more processing power and can drain the battery. If all you did was ebook reading, then yes, it should last longer. If you follow the previous suggestons, you may get a bit more but I doubt it will be much more.

Acc3r

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
So -- not interested in uninstalling Vanced to see if that's contributing to the drain?

I doubt it's the culprit because I noticed the drain before installing any apps and after factory resetting. But I'll try uninstalling it.

Edit: Nope, no difference.

My 3 year old Samsung phone holds battery better than this brand new tablet. Maybe I should use my warranty to get a new one?

Last edited:

Rolon

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
My experience viewing 5 movies one day, movie time from 1:30 to 2 hours,100% battery charged, 20% per movie, so in total, 10 hours of battery life. The luminance of the screen under 50%. So I think it's not a bad result.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12