My S5e has been restarted randomly in every 2-10 hours, what to do to fix it?

kokoroanime

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
I got Tab S5e a month ago, I've ordered it from Amazon. It was a 128 GB/6 GB version. Okay, since the day I picked it up, it works great and functions very well but it restarts randomly like a few times a day. When my tablet is off and I'm not using it at the time, it restarts randomly as Tab S5e logo appeared on screen, meaning that it resets themselves.

The battery is still good.

What can I do to prevent this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Also, since that's a 3 year old device, it's probably not brand new. Was it one of those "Amazon Renewed" devices?

kokoroanime

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site

I never used safe mode and never will.

What Android version it's on?

Sent from my SM-F721U1 using Tapatalk

Andriod 11 and One UI version 3.1

Could possibly be battery issue

I did diagnostics on Battery status and it came back as normal. The life came back good.

I already did that and it keeps going the same thing.

Could possibly be battery issue

Yes, I believe so.

Last edited by a moderator:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I did diagnostics on Battery status and it came back as normal. The life came back good.
I don't trust it but just a indicator , like when lights warn u in car , sometimes it's too late when it does because not very accurate
Yes, I believe so.
Strong possibility at 3 years old especially if lot of gaming

kokoroanime

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
I don't trust it but just a indicator , like when lights warn u in car , sometimes it's too late when it does because not very accurate Strong possibility at 3 years old especially if lot of gaming

I did it on my S20 Ultra and it came back as weak.

Strong possibility at 3 years old especially if lot of gaming

I've downloaded some games what they performed very well, even for a 6 GB RAM.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I never used safe mode and never will.

Why would you refuse to use Safe Mode as a troubleshooting step? This is one of the most basic ways to start narrowing down the cause of a problem. If the problem goes away in Safe Mode, then you know it's due to something you installed. If it still happens in Safe Mode, then you know it's either the system or the hardware.

kokoroanime

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
Why would you refuse to use Safe Mode as a troubleshooting step? This is one of the most basic ways to start narrowing down the cause of a problem. If the problem goes away in Safe Mode, then you know it's due to something you installed. If it still happens in Safe Mode, then you know it's either the system or the hardware.

I rarely use the safe mode but I will try to switch to it and see how long will my S5e stay on more throuyh safe mode than a recond of 10 hours. I will let you know.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, then it sounds like something with the system or the hardware.

Do you have a case on? Sometimes a poorly fitting case will inadvertently press on the Power button at inopportune times.

Otherwise, the next step may be a factory reset.

kokoroanime

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
Ok, then it sounds like something with the system or the hardware.

Do you have a case on? Sometimes a poorly fitting case will inadvertently press on the Power button at inopportune times.

Otherwise, the next step may be a factory reset.

Apparently yes... I do have a case on... It's a soft transparent case for my S5e and I liked it. I ordered it off eBay that came with the screen protector for only $9.

If you believe that is the cause, should I just take it off? I use it because I just want to make sure if I enjoy the specs and I didn't want to scratch the back of the tablet

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It certainly wouldn't hurt to test the tablet without the case for a day (just be careful with it!). If it restarts again even with the case off, then you know that's not the problem.

Also make sure the Power button itself doesn't seem sticky. Sometimes, if some kind of residue gets in there, it might cause the button to stick when you don't want it to.

kokoroanime

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
It certainly wouldn't hurt to test the tablet without the case for a day (just be careful with it!). If it restarts again even with the case off, then you know that's not the problem.

Also make sure the Power button itself doesn't seem sticky. Sometimes, if some kind of residue gets in there, it might cause the button to stick when you don't want it to.

Oh yes, the case covers the volume buttons but not the power button. Also the case is made out of rubber.

And the power button isn't sticky.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, probably not the culprit, then.

I'd do a factory reset, and if the problem persists, contact Amazon about an exchange or return.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37