I can recreate it at will. If I hold the S5e horizontally and keep my hands on the two corners, I lose WiFi. I don't believe it can be easily fixed, which is too bad. However, it's not a deal killer for me

This being said, I enjoy this S5e w/Samsung Dex keyboard/cover. I added a 256GB uSD card to my 64GB tablet. The Dex cover/keyboard was expensive but up to now, it is well worth it.
    05-07-2019 03:14 AM
    I've tried to do it but didn't lose connection. I didn't measure the signal though and I am not far from my router where is use it. Signal may have dropped down but not anything that was detectable during gameplay etc.

I have a case on order for it anyway which should help if the signal is degrading in landscape.
    05-07-2019 09:52 AM
    I saw a YouTube on the WiFi issue. The tester discovered that when in direct line of site with his router the signal was okay but when not in line of site the download speed would drop from about 27 mb/sec to about 8 mb/sec. Consumer Reports found a similar reduction and suggested people wait until Samsung corrected the problem.

I was thinking of getting the galaxy tab s5e but now considering the galaxy tab s4, even though it's more expensive because it has the same screen and features plus more.

Any opinions on the s4 as a substitute?
    05-07-2019 01:20 PM
    Yeah I dunno about the line of sight thing. My router is in on another floor of the house and I've have had no issues with it so far.
    05-07-2019 01:35 PM
    I haven't had any issues and I tried holding it in landscape mode by the corners. I normally hold it in picture mode if I am using it in my hands.
    05-07-2019 07:53 PM
    I think I 'll pass on the tab s5e. My download speed is pretty bad as it is so I'll take the advice from Consumer Reports plus heed the ton of negative reviews and hold off for now or just get the tab s4 which has a proven track record.
    05-07-2019 08:30 PM
    It has to do with your hands touching the tablet, right? That made me wonder if simply putting a piece of rubber in the corner, for the hands to grip, solves the problem.

Anyway, I just got mine today. It's a kitchen screen, and we never hold onto it, so no big deal.
    05-09-2019 06:53 PM
    Yeah a case of any sort will help, if not eliminate the problem. All devices no matter how they are built have an effect on the receivers from how its held. Mine doesn't seem to drop out at all though, but if it did it's not exactly a hard problem to overcome. Turn it right instead of left when switching to landscape or put on a case.
    Not that I'm saying it's acceptable, but there has to be a receiver somewhere. I have a case on mine now, not because of this non-issue, I always have a case on my tablets anyway.
    05-10-2019 08:34 AM
    I was considering getting a Tab S5e now that Best Buy is selling the 64 GB version for $350, however, I've been reading a lot of articles regarding the WiFi signal drop when holding the tablet in landscape mode. Can anyone confirm that the WiFi issue can be resolved by putting the tablet in a case? If it's still an issue, I'd like to know so I can't look for a different tablet. Thanks!
    05-04-2020 11:58 PM
    I've been using a S5e since launch and haven't had any issues. I usually keep it in a rig that has bumpers on each corner so I can hold it in one hand easier.
    05-05-2020 02:26 PM