11-05-2019 05:27 PM
38 12
tools
    Yes it does, unless you can PROVE otherwise. Which NONE of you can.

The FACT is that Verizon has a 60 day unlock policy on ALL of its devices. It's automatic.

The problem is probably with AT&T. Give them a call.
    Obfuscating the difference between facts and opinion doesn't validate what your saying.

Fact: Verizon had some thefts
    Fact: Verizon locks down their devices
    Fact: Verizon claims they needed to lock down due to theft

Their reason for locking down devices may or may not be true. We only have their word to go by and just because they say it doesn't make it true. Whether someone believes them or not is an opinion.
    11-05-2019 11:47 AM
    Obfuscating the difference between facts and opinion doesn't validate what your saying.

Fact: Verizon had some thefts
    Fact: Verizon locks down their devices
    Fact: Verizon claims they needed to lock down due to theft

Their reason for locking down devices may or may not be true. We only have their word to go by and just because they say it doesn't make it true. Whether someone believes them or not is an opinion.
    Eh? So what you are saying is that your OPINION out weighs the FACTS. That makes absolutely NO SENSE and is why there are so many bad tips on these forums. People keep weighing in with opinions that are NOT based on any FACT.

Fact: Verizon AUTOMATICALLY UNLOCKS its devices AFTER 60 days. Previous to July 2019 it did NOT lock down its devices.
    Fact: Sprint, T-Mobile, and AT&T do NOT unlock their devices unless a) you ask and b) your device is paid off.

How is what I am saying obfuscating? The FACTS I am stating are completely invalidating your OPINION which is NOT based on FACTS.
    11-05-2019 02:45 PM
    Some more FACTS on how to get your Verizon Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e to work on AT&T:

https://www.whistleout.com/CellPhone...nlocking-guide

In a nutshell, you need to call AT&T. If you've had your Tab S5e over 60 days, it is unlocked. Whether AT&T will allow it on its network is up to AT&T.
    11-05-2019 02:47 PM
    Eh? So what you are saying is that your OPINION out weighs the FACTS. That makes absolutely NO SENSE and is why there are so many bad tips on these forums. People keep weighing in with opinions that are NOT based on any FACT.

Fact: Verizon AUTOMATICALLY UNLOCKS its devices AFTER 60 days. Previous to July 2019 it did NOT lock down its devices.
    Fact: Sprint, T-Mobile, and AT&T do NOT unlock their devices unless a) you ask and b) your device is paid off.

How is what I am saying obfuscating? The FACTS I am stating are completely invalidating your OPINION which is NOT based on FACTS.
    You still don't get it. I'm not saying my opinion outweighs facts. I'm not disputing those facts. I'm saying I don't believe Verizon as to their reasons why they stated they locked their devices. There's a difference and if you can't see that or choose to ignore that and take Verizon at their word that's on you.
    11-05-2019 03:18 PM
    To get back on topic:

Does anyone know if the Verizon Version is SIM unlocked?
    I have gathered the answer is no out of the box. Possibly even if you have fully paid for it.
    11-05-2019 04:42 PM
    Yes it does, unless you can PROVE otherwise. Which NONE of you can.

The FACT is that Verizon has a 60 day unlock policy on ALL of its devices. It's automatic.

The problem is probably with AT&T. Give them a call.
    I don't have to prove anything.... Lol
    11-05-2019 04:47 PM
    To get back on topic:

I have gathered the answer is no out of the box. Possibly even if you have fully paid for it.
    Yea.... We are way off topic at this point... Lol
    11-05-2019 04:48 PM
    Yea.... We are way off topic at this point... Lol
    Buy unlocked whenever possible as long as you don't lose features you need.
    11-05-2019 04:58 PM
    Eh? So what you are saying is that your OPINION out weighs the FACTS.
    No, what he said is that the only "fact" we have is that Verizon made a claim. We don't know whether they actually had any thefts or not.

What we also know is that carriers don't like SIM-unlocked phones, which is why they designed SIM-locking in the first place. But in the US, the government forced them to unlock them on request (if the phone is paid off).

Everything else is opinion. Yours, Mike's, mine, someone's. When Verizon posts a link to the NY Times story about the thefts, then we can be pretty sure that they had thefts.
    11-05-2019 05:03 PM
    Buy unlocked whenever possible as long as you don't lose features you need.
    No problem here. I am pretty sure it is unlocked or can be I unlocked. I am trying to sell it right now since I got the Tab S6 from Verizon instead because I am spoiled. Someone asked me if it was SIM unlocked and I was just trying to figure out if it was.
    11-05-2019 05:11 PM
    No problem here. I am pretty sure it is unlocked or can be I unlocked. I am trying to sell it right now since I got the Tab S6 from Verizon instead because I am spoiled. Someone asked me if it was SIM unlocked and I was just trying to figure out if it was.
    What phone are you using now.... I lost track of you
    11-05-2019 05:14 PM
    Still the note 10+ running around nakked still in great shape.
    11-05-2019 05:26 PM
    Might pick up the Pixel 4 XL but my active 2 won't work great with it.
    11-05-2019 05:27 PM
38 12