No full screen guestures option

Lawried123

Mar 22, 2020
Visit site
I have a Tab S5e which had Android 9 Pie and which has been updated to the latest software. I understood there was an option to hide the navigation bar if necessary by clicking on full screen gestures in settings. But I don't appear to have this option the only option in the settings/navigation bar is the order of the buttons. Has anyone any ideas why this should be. I have clicked on update and it says it has the latest update.
Any suggestions would be welcome as one app I'm trying to use needs the navigation bar hidden.
Lawrie

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have a Tab S5e which had Android 9 Pie and which has been updated to the latest software. I understood there was an option to hide the navigation bar if necessary by clicking on full screen gestures in settings. But I don't appear to have this option the only option in the settings/navigation bar is the order of the buttons. Has anyone any ideas why this should be. I have clicked on update and it says it has the latest update.
Any suggestions would be welcome as one app I'm trying to use needs the navigation bar hidden.
Lawrie
Hi welcome to AC!

Can you post a screenshot of your navigation bar settings?Screenshot_20200322-113353_Settings.jpeg

Lawried123

Mar 22, 2020
Visit site
Apologies, I've taken a screenshot but I just can't find how to attach it to this post.
When I go to settings then display the line which says navigation bar says in smaller print all the things it's supposed to do do Inc full screen gestures etc. But when I click on it all it gives is button order and nothing else. I can normally attach screenshots to emails etc but I can't seem to get it to work here.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Apologies, I've taken a screenshot but I just can't find how to attach it to this post.
When I go to settings then display the line which says navigation bar says in smaller print all the things it's supposed to do do Inc full screen gestures etc. But when I click on it all it gives is button order and nothing else. I can normally attach screenshots to emails etc but I can't seem to get it to work here.
No problem see If this helps

https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=413366

Lawried123

Mar 22, 2020
Visit site
Thanks, it does help in that it tells me I can't attach a screenshot to a reply but only to the original message by clicking on the paperclip. But when I go to ask a question I still don't see a paperclip.
Thank you for your offer to help but It was only affecting one app so not the end of the world. but just annoying that it implies you can hide the navigation bar when in fact I can't.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks, it does help in that it tells me I can't attach a screenshot to a reply but only to the original message by clicking on the paperclip. But when I go to ask a question I still don't see a paperclip.
Thank you for your offer to help but It was only affecting one app so not the end of the world. but just annoying that it implies you can hide the navigation bar when in fact I can't.
Its possible that app doesn't have that ability yet, I use Android Forums App lot more user friendly to post pictures and navigate then chrome .

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I moved this from the General Help forum to the Tab S5e forum for more specific traffic, since this issue may be specific to that device.

Also, if you're using the Android Central app, that's significantly more limited in terms of being able to post a screenshot. Try using the desktop forum site on your computer browser, or the Tapatalk-based AC Forums app.

Lawried123

Mar 22, 2020
Visit site
Don't bother to answer my query now. I've just discovered after ages what the problem was. Basically if you have the accessibility button, the little man to the right of the navigation bar, switched on, you don't then have the option to use fullscreen screen gestures and hide the navigation bar. But it was only by chance that I managed to discover that. Anyway SUCCESS and thanks to anyone who might have been trying to help.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Don't bother to answer my query now. I've just discovered after ages what the problem was. Basically if you have the accessibility button, the little man to the right of the navigation bar, switched on, you don't then have the option to use fullscreen screen gestures and hide the navigation bar. But it was only by chance that I managed to discover that. Anyway SUCCESS and thanks to anyone who might have been trying to help.
That's why screenshot are very important to see what your seeing, most of the time people dont let us know what they done. Glad you found the solution ,thanks for sharing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs