Middle Button Mouse Support

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm using a bluetooth mouse with my Tab S6 trying to run the web-based CAD app called Sketchup. The left button works fine, but the middle button and right button don't work with the web app. This is true when using the Chrome and Edge browsers. If I run SamsungDex, then the right mouse button works (with a popup context menu), but the middle button does nothing.

Is there a solution to this? I fear the answer is no, but I thought I'd ask. Thanks.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unless your mouse has an Android-specific app for the mouse (think drivers on a regular PC) that allows you to customize the middle-button click, Android only supports two-button clicks and middle-wheel scrolling with 'generic' mouse input. Furthermore, on a regular Android environment, the right click will not prompt the 'PC-like' menu as it is just set up to work differently on a mobile device (usually in lieu of the back button). DeX implements its own desktop environment so can emulate a different right-click action because it's a system customization, but is still not the same behavior as it is on a PC.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15