Is this possible? I assume it will work but not sure about apps or anything that are tablet specific. Or am I best off setting the s6 up from scratch?

Thanks.
    05-22-2020 03:17 PM
    I see why not , should work .
    Also use Samsung cloud
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-22-2020 10:44 PM
    Thanks. I ended up setting it up manually. Realized I had so many apps on my phone I didn't want on my at that I had on my phone is be deleting more apps than I ended up installing. That's the advantage of setting up fresh though, eliminating the junk you don't use. I am coming from an iPad pro. Lots of power but the interface was driving me nuts. Always liked iPads and Android phones. Now iPads and iOS itself is becoming annoying. Some trade offs, but liking the s6.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    05-24-2020 06:59 PM
    Thanks. I ended up setting it up manually. Realized I had so many apps on my phone I didn't want on my at that I had on my phone is be deleting more apps than I ended up installing. That's the advantage of setting up fresh though, eliminating the junk you don't use. I am coming from an iPad pro. Lots of power but the interface was driving me nuts. Always liked iPads and Android phones. Now iPads and iOS itself is becoming annoying. Some trade offs, but liking the s6.
    Nice , welcome aboard, I do use both platforms myself.
    05-24-2020 09:48 PM
    I've got a new Tab S6 128gb arriving tomorrow and want to transfer my entire Tab S2 9.7" to it. Will Smart Switch do the trick? I am SO looking forward to some major improvement, especially speed-wise. The old S2 is just too s l o w! Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
    05-27-2020 06:04 PM
    I've got a new Tab S6 128gb arriving tomorrow and want to transfer my entire Tab S2 9.7" to it. Will Smart Switch do the trick? I am SO looking forward to some major improvement, especially speed-wise. The old S2 is just too s l o w! Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
    Yes smart switch or Samsung cloud within the phone , just don't transfer settings from older device might not go well
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-27-2020 06:06 PM
    Thanks, Mustang.
    Still waiting on delivery. I guess my next question is, will smart switch duplicate all the folders and shortcuts I had on the old tablet, on the new one. (please say yes and I'll send you a Christmas card, <jk>). I've gotten spoiled with Best Buy as an Android supplier, as (for phones, anyway) the salesman/tech was able to take my Galaxy S8+ and plug it into my S10+ and "Voila!" instant duplicated phone. All I had to do was set up my email accounts and let Android Play Store update all the apps and I was good to go. I'm praying this will be a similar experience.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    05-28-2020 03:54 PM
    Thanks, Mustang.
    Still waiting on delivery. I guess my next question is, will smart switch duplicate all the folders and shortcuts I had on the old tablet, on the new one. (please say yes and I'll send you a Christmas card, <jk>). I've gotten spoiled with Best Buy as an Android supplier, as (for phones, anyway) the salesman/tech was able to take my Galaxy S8+ and plug it into my S10+ and "Voila!" instant duplicated phone. All I had to do was set up my email accounts and let Android Play Store update all the apps and I was good to go. I'm praying this will be a similar experience.
    Web browser short cuts ? No
    Folders that you organized apps in possible no
    05-28-2020 04:12 PM