Tab S7+, anyone else excited about it?

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Anyone excited for the tab S7+? I know I am. Love my tab S6, but I wish it were a tad bigger. Would also be awesome if it comes with 256 storage for the 5G variant like it is rumored to.

burrzoo

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Anyone excited for the tab S7+? I know I am. Love my tab S6, but I wish it were a tad bigger. Would also be awesome if it comes with 256 storage for the 5G variant like it is rumored to.
I'll be sticking with my Tab S6 for now. I just think that in the tablet market, Android tablet apps are second fiddle to ipads. There are some tablet apps that are half-baked (like Amazon app) but missing some apps as well. For the price, the S7 is underwhelming to me. I use my S6 more than my iPad or surface but it's still mainly for reading. If I end up getting the new Fold 2,it might be time to sell some toys (for many reasons). If you don't have any Android Tablet then the S7 might be a good CHOICE. You don't have to love everything Apple but I'd still consider an iPad. It does depend on what you want to use the tablet for. Good luck with your decision.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Yea out of all apple products I'd say iPad is the best. I had the pro for a few months before it got boring lol. It was a solid device though I prefer Android tablets which is why I'm happy about the S7+. It's been a long time since Samsung made a 12 inch tablet so I can't wait to take it for a spin.
I'll be sticking with my Tab S6 for now. I just think that in the tablet market, Android tablet apps are second fiddle to ipads. There are some tablet apps that are half-baked (like Amazon app) but missing some apps as well. For the price, the S7 is underwhelming to me. I use my S6 more than my iPad or surface but it's still mainly for reading. If I end up getting the new Fold 2,it might be time to sell some toys (for many reasons). If you don't have any Android Tablet then the S7 might be a good CHOICE. You don't have to love everything Apple but I'd still consider an iPad. It does depend on what you want to use the tablet for. Good luck with your decision.

burrzoo

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Yea out of all apple products I'd say iPad is the best. I had the pro for a few months before it got boring lol. It was a solid device though I prefer Android tablets which is why I'm happy about the S7+. It's been a long time since Samsung made a 12 inch tablet so I can't wait to take it for a spin.
To be honest, I'm very, very bored with ios/iPad os too. I have been for some time now. I just love customizing Android devices out of the box. Here's to getting some good deal on the S7+!

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I find ios multitasking too involved and confusing. I can't count the number of times I accidentally did something and had no idea how to get out of it. The only thing I wish the tab s6 had was a faster refresh rate and that is the only allure for the s7 series. I think I will stick with the s6 for a while though.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
The s6 has been a really good tablet that will be hard to top. My main complaint is that I wish it would charger faster.
I find ios multitasking too involved and confusing. I can't count the number of times I accidentally did something and had no idea how to get out of it. The only thing I wish the tab s6 had was a faster refresh rate and that is the only allure for the s7 series. I think I will stick with the s6 for a while though.

PhabPhan

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm definitely looking forward to the Tab S7. I had the Note Pro 12.2 tablet that I LOVED! I need to see for myself the display difference between the 7 and 7+ before pulling the trigger on one over the other, though.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Couldn't care less personally, I'd buy an iPad or Surface Pro long before I bought another Android tablet, too many issues with apps on Android tablets to spend serious money on an Android tablet.

bradavon

Aug 3, 2017
Visit site
No.

The Lenovo IdeaPad Duet is more useful, if you can find one. Both are going for a similar market.

Android tablets are to similar to Android phones.

Interestingly Samsung has a 12" tablet way before the iPad Pro but it didn't sell well.

Harlemknight

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
No, I will not buy a Samsung Tablet again.It is very expensive, they don't support it with updates like they could/should, and it is worth nothing on a trade in. Much as I dislike IOS, I would buy an iPad before I buy another Tab s, Note Tablet, or any Samsung Tablet.😡 Been burned before, twice.

pbike908

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
Couldn't care less personally, I'd buy an iPad or Surface Pro long before I bought another Android tablet, too many issues with apps on Android tablets to spend serious money on an Android tablet.

True that. Only premium tablet worth paying for is Ipad

I just don't understand the appeal for a Surface Pro, unless one is using a custom Windows based tablet oriented application.

If i want an Android Tablet. it would be a Fire or perhaps a Galaxy Tab A. Android tablet experience sucks, which is a shame.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
True that. Only premium tablet worth paying for is Ipad

I just don't understand the appeal for a Surface Pro, unless one is using a custom Windows based tablet oriented application.

If i want an Android Tablet. it would be a Fire or perhaps a Galaxy Tab A. Android tablet experience sucks, which is a shame.

Surface is a hybrid device, unless you use it a mix between tablet and traditional PC it doesn't make much sense. For me it's a very portable and lightweight PC I can easily take out of the house but it also meets the needs of a tablet. The built in kick stand makes it great for media consumption, while Windows isn't as touch friendly as Android/iOS it works well enough for browsing and social media on the couch. It also offers one of the best pen/stylus experiences available if you need to take notes or enjoy working on artwork.

I got mine because I had wanted a laptop, but also wanted something better than my Note 10(tablet) for artwork, seemed to be the best choice. Sadly it also made me realize just how little app developers care about Android, even large corporations like Facebook put more effort into Windows 10 apps than they do Android.

Tab S7 would be far more exciting to me if it ran Windows. The hardware excites me, it's impressive technology, but I already know the app situation will leave me frustrated and wanting more.

breadwater

Jul 31, 2020
Visit site
I think the same.NO I won't buy any other high end Android tablet, it cost the same as an Ipad, but doesn't offer you the same experience, there are a LOT of apps that aren't optimized for tablet, several only work on portrait mode, it is the most annoying experience opening and app and need to rotate the tablet, you can add other apps to avoid this issue but that's not the point for a premium device, then security, my wife's Ipad has several patches and updates, for my S4 Tab just the Oreo and nothing more, I had the same experience with the S8, so bye Samsung, maybe a cheap tablet is fine, but not for a "premium"

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I have a 100 dollar Cheap, m10 and it's slow and not too good but I just use it for notes and youtube.

I don't know what to spend money on an android tablet for since the programs aren't that good, apps are subpar. Android phone I understand completely but tablets I don't understand unless you like HD movies but that can be done on a TV for cheaper.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Surface is a hybrid device, unless you use it a mix between tablet and traditional PC it doesn't make much sense. For me it's a very portable and lightweight PC I can easily take out of the house but it also meets the needs of a tablet. The built in kick stand makes it great for media consumption, while Windows isn't as touch friendly as Android/iOS it works well enough for browsing and social media on the couch. It also offers one of the best pen/stylus experiences available if you need to take notes or enjoy working on artwork.

I got mine because I had wanted a laptop, but also wanted something better than my Note 10(tablet) for artwork, seemed to be the best choice. Sadly it also made me realize just how little app developers care about Android, even large corporations like Facebook put more effort into Windows 10 apps than they do Android.

Tab S7 would be far more exciting to me if it ran Windows. The hardware excites me, it's impressive technology, but I already know the app situation will leave me frustrated and wanting more.
In my case, I don't see any purpose for a Windows tablet. I had a cheap one that ran Windows 8, but it just wasn't good at anything especially typing. Windows Mobile had an excellent keyboard, but Windows tablets have a lousy keyboard that doesn't even offer swipe typing. Needing to touch each key to type is simply unacceptable, and if I'm taking a tablet on the go, I'm not carrying along a keyboard. If I need Windows, then I'll take a laptop. However, since I'm not a gamer, I don't need Windows other than for work.

BJS0003

Apr 13, 2019
Visit site
I would buy an iPad because of the amount of tablet-compatible apps, but since theres basically zero customization besides the widgets on iPadOS 14, yea I'd buy the tab s7 PLUS, not regular if I had the money

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish