Tab S7+, anyone else excited about it?

jpmcnown

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Still missing key features

I've got the Galaxy Tab S6 - LTE model, and it makes for a great tablet in my vehicle. I also have a Surface Pro 7, but comparing the two is pointless, and comparing either to an iPad Pro even less meaningful. I'll be "upgrading" to the Galaxy Tab S7, simply because it serves it' s unique purpose for me, and nothing else does. Here's my thoughts.

Pro's/Potential Tab S7 Pros
1. Wireless DeX, I really hope this is a reality. I need DeX on an external monitor/tv. Hoping dual screens, DeX on one, native android on the other. I'll prob get the Note 20 solely for the same reason.
2. Better fingerprint scanner. Frankly, I'd be ok with the rumored side scanner. (weighing the other cons of the cheaper Tab S7) The in-display ultrasonics don't work nearly as well as even the scanner going back to the Note 9.
3. 120Hz Amoled. Not a dealbreaker for me, but it's about time.
4. 5G, mmWave.

Con's/Potential Tab S7 Cons
1. Why can't we get the S-Pen to be charged/stored INSIDE of the tablet?
2. Backlit keyboard? If the S7 doesn't have the option, I'm out.
3. Case/cover with a kickstand? I have the overpriced keyboard cover for the Tab S6, but jeez it hurt to drop that kind of money for a feature that should be stock. (I can't fathom the rationalization that must necessary for one to justify spending $300+ on the Apple keyboard cover)
4. Why in the AF don't we have Qi wireless charging in a tablet? Remember way back to that HP Touchpad that had wireless charging back in 2011?!? I also had a 2013 Asus Nexus Wifi tablet that had it. What the hell is everyone doing by ignoring this?

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: Still missing key features

I know you're glad to see wireless Dex become a reality. I'm excited too. My Tab S6 has been a pleasure use can't wait to further that experience with the Tab S7+.
I've got the Galaxy Tab S6 - LTE model, and it makes for a great tablet in my vehicle. I also have a Surface Pro 7, but comparing the two is pointless, and comparing either to an iPad Pro even less meaningful. I'll be "upgrading" to the Galaxy Tab S7, simply because it serves it' s unique purpose for me, and nothing else does. Here's my thoughts.

Pro's/Potential Tab S7 Pros
1. Wireless DeX, I really hope this is a reality. I need DeX on an external monitor/tv. Hoping dual screens, DeX on one, native android on the other. I'll prob get the Note 20 solely for the same reason.
2. Better fingerprint scanner. Frankly, I'd be ok with the rumored side scanner. (weighing the other cons of the cheaper Tab S7) The in-display ultrasonics don't work nearly as well as even the scanner going back to the Note 9.
3. 120Hz Amoled. Not a dealbreaker for me, but it's about time.
4. 5G, mmWave.

Con's/Potential Tab S7 Cons
1. Why can't we get the S-Pen to be charged/stored INSIDE of the tablet?
2. Backlit keyboard? If the S7 doesn't have the option, I'm out.
3. Case/cover with a kickstand? I have the overpriced keyboard cover for the Tab S6, but jeez it hurt to drop that kind of money for a feature that should be stock. (I can't fathom the rationalization that must necessary for one to justify spending $300+ on the Apple keyboard cover)
4. Why in the AF don't we have Qi wireless charging in a tablet? Remember way back to that HP Touchpad that had wireless charging back in 2011?!? I also had a 2013 Asus Nexus Wifi tablet that had it. What the hell is everyone doing by ignoring this?

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
I really don't want a larger tablet like the S7+, my S6 is big enough for its use. With the S7 using an LCD and the regular size model, no chance I would ever consider it with LCD. I hate LCD screens. Samsung AMOLED is just so perfect.

And everything is just slightly thicker and heavier compared to the S6. I waited through several tab generations for my S6 for Samsung to finally get close to the thinness and lightness of the S2, which made me fall in love with tablets.

Apple2Droid

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
I really don't want a larger tablet like the S7+, my S6 is big enough for its use. With the S7 using an LCD and the regular size model, no chance I would ever consider it with LCD. I hate LCD screens. Samsung AMOLED is just so perfect.

And everything is just slightly thicker and heavier compared to the S6. I waited through several tab generations for my S6 for Samsung to finally get close to the thinness and lightness of the S2, which made me fall in love with tablets.
What is the standby battery life like on your S6? --My S4 is so bad that i have to keep it on Airplane mode when I'm not using it or it will be dead the next day. --I have an iPad mini2 that can go 2 weeks on standby.

tarpon6

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to go from a Google Pixelbook to the S7 Plus. The pixelbook is nice and I love the convertible folding chassis, but there are too many compromises. You can't connect devices, and these's no gps for apps - marine and hiking. I wan't at least a 12 inch screen, full access to devices, and all my apps to work, the S7+ looks like it will fit the bill. With employee discounts, trade in, and pre-order bonuses it shouldn't be as expensive as reported. Just like the Note 20 Ultra listed at $1300, I ended up paying $570.. BTW where is the Tab S7 Forum?

Apple2Droid

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Is anyone considering the smaller S7? I don't want anything larger or heavier than my S4, especially since so many apps aren't optimized for a tablet--using Twitter feels a bit like my face is smashed into the screen.

I would go for the S7 but for the screen. I hate that it isn't AMOLED. I'm considering an S6 because of this.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
There's no forum yet. Hopefully we get one in time for the release.
I'm going to go from a Google Pixelbook to the S7 Plus. The pixelbook is nice and I love the convertible folding chassis, but there are too many compromises. You can't connect devices, and these's no gps for apps - marine and hiking. I wan't at least a 12 inch screen, full access to devices, and all my apps to work, the S7+ looks like it will fit the bill. With employee discounts, trade in, and pre-order bonuses it shouldn't be as expensive as reported. Just like the Note 20 Ultra listed at $1300, I ended up paying $570.. BTW where is the Tab S7 Forum?

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
The tab S6 is still a very capable tablet.
Is anyone considering the smaller S7? I don't want anything larger or heavier than my S4, especially since so many apps aren't optimized for a tablet--using Twitter feels a bit like my face is smashed into the screen.

I would go for the S7 but for the screen. I hate that it isn't AMOLED. I'm considering an S6 because of this.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I didn't plan on buying it, but I may end up selling my S6 and getting the S7+. Last year I sold my Tab w/SPen for this S6 and came out pretty good. Because I haven't seriously considered it, I'm not privy to the differences between the two. I've never had a tablet that large, so idk. I just signed up "to get news on the new Galaxy Tab S7". I'll see what they're talking about.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
It's only going to be slightly bigger than the tab S6. I love my S6, but I think it's a little too narrow. I'm hoping that the S7+ bridges that narrow gap for me. The 12.9 iPad is sightly too big so thinking the 12.4 profile will be perfect.
I didn't plan on buying it, but I may end up selling my S6 and getting the S7+. Last year I sold my Tab w/SPen for this S6 and came out pretty good. Because I haven't seriously considered it, I'm not privy to the differences between the two. I've never had a tablet that large, so idk. I just signed up "to get news on the new Galaxy Tab S7". I'll see what they're talking about.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
It's only going to be slightly bigger than the tab S6. I love my S6, but I think it's a little too narrow. I'm hoping that the S7+ bridges that narrow gap for me. The 12.9 iPad is sightly too big so thinking the 12.4 profile will be perfect.

Sounds like the Goldilocks tablet for you. Just right 😊

Nyvideo

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Why does Samsung keep putting out new tablets when they end up treating them like the evil step child and barely do upgrades. Yes, the S6 was upgraded to Android 10,but we are still on a May security update. They say this can act like a desktop but who wants to trust important data when the security updates are months behind. My S10+ is on August, so why haven't they bothered with the S6?

reintgenrc

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have an idea of when AT&T might get the Tab S7? I just sold my iPad Pro in preparation for the S7+. I'm hoping this device shows up on 8/21 with the Note 20 release.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I see we can reserve now, but they're jacking around with the colors. After a quick browse, it looks as though Mystic Bronze isn't available for the + in 256GB. 😡

I hope I just overlooked it.

Apple2Droid

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Why does Samsung keep putting out new tablets when they end up treating them like the evil step child and barely do upgrades. Yes, the S6 was upgraded to Android 10,but we are still on a May security update. They say this can act like a desktop but who wants to trust important data when the security updates are months behind. My S10+ is on August, so why haven't they bothered with the S6?

I agree with you. This, plus the fact that so many apps are never optimized for Android tablets. I'm on Twitter a lot, but the experience is so bad on my S4 that it sometimes makes me dizzy.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Funny that you can get the 512 in bronze. Their logic makes no sense . I don't won't to trade in my S6 since it's a email l smaller size and almost identical plus I have the keyboard, but their trade-in pricing is super competitive.
I see we can reserve now, but they're jacking around with
the colors. After a quick browse, it looks as though Mystic Bronze isn't available for the + in 256GB.

I hope I just overlooked it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173