Tab S7+, anyone else excited about it?

tarpon6

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking about a Galaxy Chromebook instead. Trade in values are better and it already has a keyboard and 13" 4K screen. Can get it for $507 with trade in.. The only thing holding me back is battery life. I have a Tab S6 lite for things I need a tablet for. Any thoughts?

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Chromebooks are good. I know no that no tablet can replace my ultrabook so I keep one of those handy. Tablets for me are more for media consumption and light professional work.
I'm thinking about a Galaxy Chromebook instead. Trade in values are better and it already has a keyboard and 13" 4K screen. Can get it for $507 with trade in.. The only thing holding me back is battery life. I have a Tab S6 lite for things I need a tablet for. Any thoughts?

aweyrich

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: Still missing key features

I've got the Galaxy Tab S6 - LTE model, and it makes for a great tablet in my vehicle. I also have a Surface Pro 7, but comparing the two is pointless, and comparing either to an iPad Pro even less meaningful. I'll be "upgrading" to the Galaxy Tab S7, simply because it serves it' s unique purpose for me, and nothing else does. Here's my thoughts.

Pro's/Potential Tab S7 Pros
1. Wireless DeX, I really hope this is a reality. I need DeX on an external monitor/tv. Hoping dual screens, DeX on one, native android on the other. I'll prob get the Note 20 solely for the same reason.
2. Better fingerprint scanner. Frankly, I'd be ok with the rumored side scanner. (weighing the other cons of the cheaper Tab S7) The in-display ultrasonics don't work nearly as well as even the scanner going back to the Note 9.
3. 120Hz Amoled. Not a dealbreaker for me, but it's about time.
4. 5G, mmWave.

Con's/Potential Tab S7 Cons
1. Why can't we get the S-Pen to be charged/stored INSIDE of the tablet?
2. Backlit keyboard? If the S7 doesn't have the option, I'm out.
3. Case/cover with a kickstand? I have the overpriced keyboard cover for the Tab S6, but jeez it hurt to drop that kind of money for a feature that should be stock. (I can't fathom the rationalization that must necessary for one to justify spending $300+ on the Apple keyboard cover)
4. Why in the AF don't we have Qi wireless charging in a tablet? Remember way back to that HP Touchpad that had wireless charging back in 2011?!? I also had a 2013 Asus Nexus Wifi tablet that had it. What the hell is everyone doing by ignoring this?

Biggest upgrades of Tab s7+ for me are:

- bigger screen and resolution which imho makes a big difference

- 120hz display,

- 9ms latency S-pen response rate, (6x faster)

- 45w fast charging. (90 minutes to 100% - That's a big one for me - it's double that time on s6)

- wifi6 (I have a wifi6 router)

- open 3 apps at a time

- wireless dex to your tv (1 different app on phone and tv which is cool)

- 10090mah battery (but the extra 30% is a wash bc of 120hz screen and extra 2")

- Webcam moved from portrait placement to landscape placement which is key for pandemic zoom calls. Landscape you can see easy more people. Calls are better.

- Works wirelessly as a second screen to your windows laptop. (Ipads do this with macs)

Nyvideo

May 28, 2012
Visit site
The S6 still is almost 4 months behind on security patches so why spend money on a new model. It's nice they updated to Android 10, but seem to care very little about updates on the Tab S6 and once you give them your money for the S7 it will be the same.

bigsmoke79

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Can you tell me if this tablet suffers the long term jelly affect when scrolling through text in portrait? it's been visible in the Tab S4 , 5e and the S6 and it gives me a headache so im reluctant to invest in another until it's gone.

My understanding is the 120hz refresh rate should eliminate it

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I've got a Tab S4. I'm not sure how much of an improvement the Tab S7 would be.

Tons.... LOL, I had the S4, S5e, S6 I never went for the S6 lite since I went to the S6 because the S5e was a little laggy. The S6 is a great tablet and I am trading it on the S7. I wish I could find an 8 inch android tablet with a premium processor and RAM.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Tons.... LOL, I had the S4, S5e, S6 I never went for the S6 lite since I went to the S6 because the S5e was a little laggy. The S6 is a great tablet and I am trading it on the S7. I wish I could find an 8 inch android tablet with a premium processor and RAM.

That would be the Fold. Lol...

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I am upgrading to the Tab S7

1. Good trade in on my S6
2. 120 Hz display
3. I tried Ipad Pro, just too big and they have issue with apps too, Instagram?
4. Wireless Dex
5. Front Facing Camera location change

I really miss a tablet when I don't have one. Tried it for a bit, 120Hz was great on my Note so I went back to the Tab S6 and i really miss the 120 Hz now. Dammit Sammy I hate you, but take my money. Just wish it had the Amoled display.

fab213

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
There's no At&t version of the S7+. Would the tmobile version work on At&t?

Also I had a Verizon Tab S6 last year and hated that Verizon blocked the number and text syncing between devices! Does tmobile also block these features?

Hope everyone enjoys their new tablets!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63