Anyone excited for the tab S7+? I know I am. Love my tab S6, but I wish it were a tad bigger. Would also be awesome if it comes with 256 storage for the 5G variant like it is rumored to.
    07-29-2020 08:52 PM
    Anyone excited for the tab S7+? I know I am. Love my tab S6, but I wish it were a tad bigger. Would also be awesome if it comes with 256 storage for the 5G variant like it is rumored to.
    I'll be sticking with my Tab S6 for now. I just think that in the tablet market, Android tablet apps are second fiddle to ipads. There are some tablet apps that are half-baked (like Amazon app) but missing some apps as well. For the price, the S7 is underwhelming to me. I use my S6 more than my iPad or surface but it's still mainly for reading. If I end up getting the new Fold 2,it might be time to sell some toys (for many reasons). If you don't have any Android Tablet then the S7 might be a good CHOICE. You don't have to love everything Apple but I'd still consider an iPad. It does depend on what you want to use the tablet for. Good luck with your decision.
    Apple2Droid and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-29-2020 09:27 PM
    Yea out of all apple products I'd say iPad is the best. I had the pro for a few months before it got boring lol. It was a solid device though I prefer Android tablets which is why I'm happy about the S7+. It's been a long time since Samsung made a 12 inch tablet so I can't wait to take it for a spin.
    I'll be sticking with my Tab S6 for now. I just think that in the tablet market, Android tablet apps are second fiddle to ipads. There are some tablet apps that are half-baked (like Amazon app) but missing some apps as well. For the price, the S7 is underwhelming to me. I use my S6 more than my iPad or surface but it's still mainly for reading. If I end up getting the new Fold 2,it might be time to sell some toys (for many reasons). If you don't have any Android Tablet then the S7 might be a good CHOICE. You don't have to love everything Apple but I'd still consider an iPad. It does depend on what you want to use the tablet for. Good luck with your decision.
    LadyEpic, burrzoo and BergerKing like this.
    07-29-2020 10:02 PM
    Yea out of all apple products I'd say iPad is the best. I had the pro for a few months before it got boring lol. It was a solid device though I prefer Android tablets which is why I'm happy about the S7+. It's been a long time since Samsung made a 12 inch tablet so I can't wait to take it for a spin.
    To be honest, I'm very, very bored with ios/iPad os too. I have been for some time now. I just love customizing Android devices out of the box. Here's to getting some good deal on the S7+!
    07-29-2020 10:10 PM
    I find ios multitasking too involved and confusing. I can't count the number of times I accidentally did something and had no idea how to get out of it. The only thing I wish the tab s6 had was a faster refresh rate and that is the only allure for the s7 series. I think I will stick with the s6 for a while though.
    LadyEpic likes this.
    07-30-2020 08:04 AM
    The s6 has been a really good tablet that will be hard to top. My main complaint is that I wish it would charger faster.
    I find ios multitasking too involved and confusing. I can't count the number of times I accidentally did something and had no idea how to get out of it. The only thing I wish the tab s6 had was a faster refresh rate and that is the only allure for the s7 series. I think I will stick with the s6 for a while though.
    BergerKing and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-30-2020 08:40 PM
    I'm definitely looking forward to the Tab S7. I had the Note Pro 12.2 tablet that I LOVED! I need to see for myself the display difference between the 7 and 7+ before pulling the trigger on one over the other, though.
    07-30-2020 11:40 PM
    I just got the Tab S6 Lite, so I'm not getting another tablet for a while.
    LadyEpic likes this.
    07-30-2020 11:48 PM
    Couldn't care less personally, I'd buy an iPad or Surface Pro long before I bought another Android tablet, too many issues with apps on Android tablets to spend serious money on an Android tablet.
    Laura Knotek and Apple2Droid like this.
    07-31-2020 12:37 AM
    The more Dex-friendly these things get the more enamored of 'em I become.
    LadyEpic and buzzy3970 like this.
    07-31-2020 08:49 AM
    No.

The Lenovo IdeaPad Duet is more useful, if you can find one. Both are going for a similar market.

Android tablets are to similar to Android phones.

Interestingly Samsung has a 12" tablet way before the iPad Pro but it didn't sell well.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-31-2020 09:33 AM
    No, I will not buy a Samsung Tablet again.It is very expensive, they don't support it with updates like they could/should, and it is worth nothing on a trade in. Much as I dislike IOS, I would buy an iPad before I buy another Tab s, Note Tablet, or any Samsung Tablet.😡 Been burned before, twice.
    07-31-2020 10:35 AM
    Couldn't care less personally, I'd buy an iPad or Surface Pro long before I bought another Android tablet, too many issues with apps on Android tablets to spend serious money on an Android tablet.
    True that. Only premium tablet worth paying for is Ipad

I just don't understand the appeal for a Surface Pro, unless one is using a custom Windows based tablet oriented application.

If i want an Android Tablet. it would be a Fire or perhaps a Galaxy Tab A. Android tablet experience sucks, which is a shame.
    07-31-2020 01:01 PM
    True that. Only premium tablet worth paying for is Ipad

I just don't understand the appeal for a Surface Pro, unless one is using a custom Windows based tablet oriented application.

If i want an Android Tablet. it would be a Fire or perhaps a Galaxy Tab A. Android tablet experience sucks, which is a shame.
    Surface is a hybrid device, unless you use it a mix between tablet and traditional PC it doesn't make much sense. For me it's a very portable and lightweight PC I can easily take out of the house but it also meets the needs of a tablet. The built in kick stand makes it great for media consumption, while Windows isn't as touch friendly as Android/iOS it works well enough for browsing and social media on the couch. It also offers one of the best pen/stylus experiences available if you need to take notes or enjoy working on artwork.

I got mine because I had wanted a laptop, but also wanted something better than my Note 10(tablet) for artwork, seemed to be the best choice. Sadly it also made me realize just how little app developers care about Android, even large corporations like Facebook put more effort into Windows 10 apps than they do Android.

Tab S7 would be far more exciting to me if it ran Windows. The hardware excites me, it's impressive technology, but I already know the app situation will leave me frustrated and wanting more.
    Laura Knotek and Apple2Droid like this.
    07-31-2020 01:35 PM
    I think the same.NO I won't buy any other high end Android tablet, it cost the same as an Ipad, but doesn't offer you the same experience, there are a LOT of apps that aren't optimized for tablet, several only work on portrait mode, it is the most annoying experience opening and app and need to rotate the tablet, you can add other apps to avoid this issue but that's not the point for a premium device, then security, my wife's Ipad has several patches and updates, for my S4 Tab just the Oreo and nothing more, I had the same experience with the S8, so bye Samsung, maybe a cheap tablet is fine, but not for a "premium"
    07-31-2020 02:29 PM
    I have a 100 dollar Cheap, m10 and it's slow and not too good but I just use it for notes and youtube.

I don't know what to spend money on an android tablet for since the programs aren't that good, apps are subpar. Android phone I understand completely but tablets I don't understand unless you like HD movies but that can be done on a TV for cheaper.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-31-2020 04:36 PM
    Surface is a hybrid device, unless you use it a mix between tablet and traditional PC it doesn't make much sense. For me it's a very portable and lightweight PC I can easily take out of the house but it also meets the needs of a tablet. The built in kick stand makes it great for media consumption, while Windows isn't as touch friendly as Android/iOS it works well enough for browsing and social media on the couch. It also offers one of the best pen/stylus experiences available if you need to take notes or enjoy working on artwork.

I got mine because I had wanted a laptop, but also wanted something better than my Note 10(tablet) for artwork, seemed to be the best choice. Sadly it also made me realize just how little app developers care about Android, even large corporations like Facebook put more effort into Windows 10 apps than they do Android.

Tab S7 would be far more exciting to me if it ran Windows. The hardware excites me, it's impressive technology, but I already know the app situation will leave me frustrated and wanting more.
    In my case, I don't see any purpose for a Windows tablet. I had a cheap one that ran Windows 8, but it just wasn't good at anything especially typing. Windows Mobile had an excellent keyboard, but Windows tablets have a lousy keyboard that doesn't even offer swipe typing. Needing to touch each key to type is simply unacceptable, and if I'm taking a tablet on the go, I'm not carrying along a keyboard. If I need Windows, then I'll take a laptop. However, since I'm not a gamer, I don't need Windows other than for work.
    07-31-2020 04:58 PM
    [Please stay on the topic, any issues report them ]
    Cleaned up a little
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-31-2020 08:16 PM
    I would buy an iPad because of the amount of tablet-compatible apps, but since theres basically zero customization besides the widgets on iPadOS 14, yea I'd buy the tab s7 PLUS, not regular if I had the money
    07-31-2020 08:57 PM
    I've got a Tab S4. I'm not sure how much of an improvement the Tab S7 would be.
    08-01-2020 01:09 PM
    I've got the Galaxy Tab S6 - LTE model, and it makes for a great tablet in my vehicle. I also have a Surface Pro 7, but comparing the two is pointless, and comparing either to an iPad Pro even less meaningful. I'll be "upgrading" to the Galaxy Tab S7, simply because it serves it' s unique purpose for me, and nothing else does. Here's my thoughts.

Pro's/Potential Tab S7 Pros
    1. Wireless DeX, I really hope this is a reality. I need DeX on an external monitor/tv. Hoping dual screens, DeX on one, native android on the other. I'll prob get the Note 20 solely for the same reason.
    2. Better fingerprint scanner. Frankly, I'd be ok with the rumored side scanner. (weighing the other cons of the cheaper Tab S7) The in-display ultrasonics don't work nearly as well as even the scanner going back to the Note 9.
    3. 120Hz Amoled. Not a dealbreaker for me, but it's about time.
    4. 5G, mmWave.

Con's/Potential Tab S7 Cons
    1. Why can't we get the S-Pen to be charged/stored INSIDE of the tablet?
    2. Backlit keyboard? If the S7 doesn't have the option, I'm out.
    3. Case/cover with a kickstand? I have the overpriced keyboard cover for the Tab S6, but jeez it hurt to drop that kind of money for a feature that should be stock. (I can't fathom the rationalization that must necessary for one to justify spending $300+ on the Apple keyboard cover)
    4. Why in the AF don't we have Qi wireless charging in a tablet? Remember way back to that HP Touchpad that had wireless charging back in 2011?!? I also had a 2013 Asus Nexus Wifi tablet that had it. What the hell is everyone doing by ignoring this?
    buzzy3970 and Apple2Droid like this.
    08-02-2020 11:12 PM
    I know you're glad to see wireless Dex become a reality. I'm excited too. My Tab S6 has been a pleasure use can't wait to further that experience with the Tab S7+.
    I've got the Galaxy Tab S6 - LTE model, and it makes for a great tablet in my vehicle. I also have a Surface Pro 7, but comparing the two is pointless, and comparing either to an iPad Pro even less meaningful. I'll be "upgrading" to the Galaxy Tab S7, simply because it serves it' s unique purpose for me, and nothing else does. Here's my thoughts.

Pro's/Potential Tab S7 Pros
    1. Wireless DeX, I really hope this is a reality. I need DeX on an external monitor/tv. Hoping dual screens, DeX on one, native android on the other. I'll prob get the Note 20 solely for the same reason.
    2. Better fingerprint scanner. Frankly, I'd be ok with the rumored side scanner. (weighing the other cons of the cheaper Tab S7) The in-display ultrasonics don't work nearly as well as even the scanner going back to the Note 9.
    3. 120Hz Amoled. Not a dealbreaker for me, but it's about time.
    4. 5G, mmWave.

Con's/Potential Tab S7 Cons
    1. Why can't we get the S-Pen to be charged/stored INSIDE of the tablet?
    2. Backlit keyboard? If the S7 doesn't have the option, I'm out.
    3. Case/cover with a kickstand? I have the overpriced keyboard cover for the Tab S6, but jeez it hurt to drop that kind of money for a feature that should be stock. (I can't fathom the rationalization that must necessary for one to justify spending $300+ on the Apple keyboard cover)
    4. Why in the AF don't we have Qi wireless charging in a tablet? Remember way back to that HP Touchpad that had wireless charging back in 2011?!? I also had a 2013 Asus Nexus Wifi tablet that had it. What the hell is everyone doing by ignoring this?
    PhabPhan likes this.
    08-05-2020 06:41 PM
    Early impressions are very good so far
    08-06-2020 04:14 PM
    S7+ will be my next one. I'll trade in my tab s6. I've loved all of my Android tablets.
    PhabPhan, LadyEpic and buzzy3970 like this.
    08-07-2020 07:15 PM
    I really don't want a larger tablet like the S7+, my S6 is big enough for its use. With the S7 using an LCD and the regular size model, no chance I would ever consider it with LCD. I hate LCD screens. Samsung AMOLED is just so perfect.

And everything is just slightly thicker and heavier compared to the S6. I waited through several tab generations for my S6 for Samsung to finally get close to the thinness and lightness of the S2, which made me fall in love with tablets.
    Apple2Droid and LadyEpic like this.
    08-09-2020 10:05 PM
44 12