Tab S6 Lite background tasks

demonicvampiregirl

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
I have ran into an issue with my tablet that is starting to prevent me from playing a game on it. There is only 4GB of ram in it but between all the background things that the tablet wants to run constantly, it eats up over half and I need at least 2GB free for a game. I think this is causing said game to constantly crash as I just played it for about 10-15 minutes on my phone (Galaxy S9+) with little stuttering and no crashes while within a few minutes on my tablet, it will crash.

Is there anything I can do? Any apps I can use to force close background tasks I really do not want/need running to free up space? I just got this tablet and sadly, it's outside of it's return window and I cannot trade it back in for a higher end tablet as of yet. I'm hoping the S7 Lite has more ram and a decent core on it and will allow S6 Lite trade-ins for one but in the mean time, is there anything I can do? Force stop doesn't work on some background items, I can force close and within minutes they are back.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Android should be smart enough to close out other apps in RAM to make room for the active app you're using in the foreground, so I doubt it's a RAM management issue. Which game are you referring to? Did you install it from the Play Store or somewhere else?

It's also worth noting that the Tab S6 Lite uses the Exynos 9611 SoC, which is not as powerful as the S9+'s Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 (assuming you don't have the global variant, which has an Exynos 9810 instead). So if the game is very processor intensive, it might be more likely to crash on a less powerful system.

demonicvampiregirl

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
Jurassic World the Game, and yes through Play Store, I don't install from anywhere else. Needs 2GB of ram and every time I've gone to play it, the ram seems to be taken up, anywhere from 400-900MB of the ram being used for other background tasks. It only crashes on my tablet, I can get back to back crashes, had 6 yesterday, 6 today alone and every time I check the ram, it's always getting full or has a bunch of random stuff in the background that I don't ever use or need. It was running fine not long ago and now I can get several crashes.

Is the rumored S7 Lite processor any better or on par with the S9+? Only other thing I can do is try to remove some of the stuff on the game to make it easier to run with the things I've got sitting out. Wish I could return the tablet and upgrade to something else but can't and they don't accept trade ins on my model just yet. :/ May turn into a paper weight soon if I can't use it for my game.

demonicvampiregirl

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
I have Game Performance (comes up as Booster Settings) but I got Focus on performance, balanced and Focus on Power Saving. Guessing Performance is what I need? It's set to that already. Going to give it a shot but I have no idea if that's the one you was talking about.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
They seem to change those game tools every so often. Does the Game Launcher show what's mentioned in the link I previously shared?

I'm out of town for a couple of days, so I can't test this right now on my new A32 5G (which has the Game Launcher on it).:-\

demonicvampiregirl

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
Yes it did! Will really be able to tell tomorrow if it works or not, I did everything I needed to today so wont have much info until then. If all else fails, I can try redoing my park so it's a little less clustered and sell off some things. Can use that to test said tablet with and make sure it works there primarily. If not I can just reset everything out like it was. XD

demonicvampiregirl

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
I have, multiple times. It still was eating it shortly afterwards. Seems to be doing good in the battle I'm doing by launching through the Samsung game app. So here is hoping that works for the time being!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have, multiple times. It still was eating it shortly afterwards. Seems to be doing good in the battle I'm doing by launching through the Samsung game app. So here is hoping that works for the time being!
If you still struggling with this can download
https://www.packagedisabler.com/ this pay for app to disable some system apps or Alliance Shield in play store which is free .

demonicvampiregirl

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
If this don't work, may have to resort to that, I wish I could remove some of the stuff on here like Bixby. But seems to be somewhat stable now so I have no idea if I disabled/uninstalled something that helped more than I think or what.

demonicvampiregirl

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
Still crashing, just a bit more infrequent. Just out of curiosity, which Samsung tablet would you recommend for gaming? If the core on The S6 Lite is not up to dealing with "heavier" games. Not trying to spend nearly 1k on one but interested in hearing your opinion.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't have direct experience with Samsung tablets. I had thought the S6 Lite would be decent for games, but maybe not for the really spec-intensive games. You could look for a refurbished Tab S6, which goes for about mid-$400s, I think.

Lenovo makes pretty good tablets -- the Tab P11 Pro is their flagship, and starts at $399. Specs aren't as impressive as Samsung's flagships, but it's still supposed to perform well for games.

demonicvampiregirl

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
Hmm maybe, we'll have to see, I did see some S6 tablets on backmarket for around that price, going to see what happens here in the next couple weeks and see if either Android or Ludia puts out a patch for this and if all else fails, see what happens with the thread I made and the upcoming S7 Lite. If it's able to be traded in for a discount on S7 Lite and it's better, that's where it's going. Wish I could return the tablet still but it's outside the 2 week period, sadly.