Calls & Continuity

geraldem

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
It is really sad to see how these carriers continue to cripple Samsung's devices. I am on ATT with branded Note10+. I actually started with an unlocked version from Samsung, but sent it back due to VoLTE not being available to unlocked phones on ATT.

Fast forward to Tab S6. Now the continuity feature is blocked by ATT on branded devices, but available on unlocked. It is truly maddening and extremely frustrating. It is almost as if ATT is pushing people to Apple. That is the only ecosystem you get the true experience intended.

Samsung will always be a distant 2nd if they don't start to force how their devices are treated on carrier networks...like Apple does.

For me...I will stay with Note10+...at least until tomorrow :)

stronggeek

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Is this working with the Note 10+ on Verizon? About to upgrade now and need to confirm.

I simply answered the OP's question. This not a lie. LOLS! This is not a misinterpretation or confusion.

Once again, I have a tab s6 with a Verizon note 10+ and yes, it works incredibly well!

Attachments

• 32076.jpg
    32076.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 34

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Again you're using the Verizon messages+ app not the Samsung continuity feature. Below is a picture of what your screen would looking like if you were using the Samsung dialer vs using the messages+ app. Once you realize that I think the confusion will stop.

I simply answered the OP's question. This not a lie. LOLS! This is not a misinterpretation or confusion.

Once again, I have a tab s6 with a Verizon note 10+ and yes, it works incredibly well!
Screenshot_20190909-151040_Call.jpeg

stronggeek

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Again you're using the Verizon messages+ app not the Samsung continuity feature. Below is a picture of what your screen would looking like if you were using the Samsung dialer vs using the messages+ app. Once you realize that I think the confusion will stop.

Yes, I understand now You're correct. I just turned off call & text on my Tab S6 and I can still make and receive calls with my tab as well as transfer them back & forth with my 10+.

Apologies and thanks for explaining the difference to me! Sorry I didn't catch it the first time.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It is really sad to see how these carriers continue to cripple Samsung's devices.
It's not Verizon alone - they ask Samsung to produce a version with x, y and z blocked and, since they're such large customers, Samsung does it.

Which is the main reason I dumped Samsung in favor of Google. Not only do they allow you to root the phone, if you have to send them a debug dump and it's rooted, they just ask you to unroot it and send them another one. They know that rooting (by itself) isn't going to damage a phone. Send a rooted phone to Samsung for repair and you'll probably be able to see the fireworks from the moon.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
No harm. That's why we have this forum to help each other and discover things we didn't know
Yes, I understand now You're correct. I just turned off call & text on my Tab S6 and I can still make and receive calls with my tab as well as transfer them back & forth with my 10+.

Apologies and thanks for explaining the difference to me! Sorry I didn't catch it the first time.

BaritoneGuy

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I have an unlocked S10 on AT&T and in setup the S6 prompted me to set this up. I did not need to install any application on either device and it works great. You can have it via WiFi or WiFi plus mobile data.

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm a bit pissed Verizon Wireless doesn't allow for mobile continuity for Samsung products. This feature was one of the reasons why I was excited about getting this tablet.

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

View attachment 309363

Thank you for a thoroughly explaining this, I didn't think I had to but the guy didn't get it... really bums me out that Verizon blocked it on the Note 10 plus smh

stronggeek

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for a thoroughly explaining this, I didn't think I had to but the guy didn't get it... really bums me out that Verizon blocked it on the Note 10 plus smh

Really? You're yakking about this again?! Look dude or dudette! The title of the thread?: "Calls & Continuity" & the question in his post?: Is this working with the Note 10+ on Verizon? Originally he stated nothing about ONLY Samsung's version. I simply explained how "I" achieved this. Apparently the "calls & continuity" terminology doesn't just pertain Samsung's version. And judging by the pics attached I'm not the only one who sees it this way. Now this is Verizon messaging on IOS, but you get my drift. I've too busy check the forums lately, but I got the email with another one your nasty responses and I just couldn't resist replying!

It's easy to hide behind your keyboard and make personal attacks. You chose to call me a liar. I'm not a liar. And if you hate how Verizon does calls & continuity...well that's on you. I am making & receiving calls and I am sending & receiving texts. LOLS!

I've already apologize to buzzy. For he was kind enough to explain the different methods & make me realize that the op was actually looking for the Samsung method. Sorry if I don't eat, drink & breath this stuff, but I'm quite busy with work and sometimes play. I sincerely hope you have a life as well! My only regret is that I wish had more time to play with my Tab S6 as I absolutely love this thing!

There! How's this for "the guy" ending on positive note!?

Attachments

• InkedScreenshot_20190929-162739_Chrome Beta_LI.jpg
    InkedScreenshot_20190929-162739_Chrome Beta_LI.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 25
  • InkedScreenshot_20190929-162648_Chrome Beta_LI.jpg
    InkedScreenshot_20190929-162648_Chrome Beta_LI.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 26

Richard Zingre

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Hey Guys, I'm thinking about buying this tablet so that I can watch video on the tablet while using a pair of Bluetooth headphones paired to the tablet. I'd like to know if anyone has done this while having their phone synced to the tablet. What I'd like is to have the video pause while I take the call on the tablet and then resume after the call is complete. In this scenario, I would not have the headphones paired directly to the phone...just the tablet. Has anyone tried this yet? I tried using the your phone app on a windows surface, but the phone call only plays out on the surface's speaker and uses the surface's mic. I suppose it makes sense the surface is paired as a Bluetooth device too.

4everForever

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Hey Guys, I'm thinking about buying this tablet so that I can watch video on the tablet while using a pair of Bluetooth headphones paired to the tablet. I'd like to know if anyone has done this while having their phone synced to the tablet. What I'd like is to have the video pause while I take the call on the tablet and then resume after the call is complete. In this scenario, I would not have the headphones paired directly to the phone...just the tablet. Has anyone tried this yet? I tried using the your phone app on a windows surface, but the phone call only plays out on the surface's speaker and uses the surface's mic. I suppose it makes sense the surface is paired as a Bluetooth device too.

if you pick up the call from the tablet, the call audio will come from the bluetooth headphone you paired to the tablet, or the tablet if no bluetooth headphone connected.

Fast-T

Nov 6, 2017
Visit site
I have trouble since the last firmware update with texts on my tablet. They do not arrive and I also cannot send. Calls are being relayed just fine.