Tab S6 Fingerprint Scanner Issue

Frank 3

Jun 5, 2018
Visit site
Hello, I was wondering if anyone has been having problems. With the fingerprint reader on tab S6? I have it synced with Note 10 Plus, and for some reason it is not registering my fingerprint. I believe it might be something in the settings that I don't know of. This is actually my second Tab S6. My previous one I had to send back because it was really laggy, but working right, and fingerprint was also not working as well. Box was damaged with first tab S6 so I figured it might have got damaged. I bought another Tab S6 at local Best Buy and still having fingerprint issues.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
No issues here. Mine works well, and I'm especially fond of the green light. Do you have a screen protector? I'm using a glass one, but I didn't register my face or prints until AFTER I applied the protector.

Frank 3

Jun 5, 2018
Visit site
No I do not have a screen protector. Did you receive a update yet, and if so did you install update then register fingerprint or vise versa? I put the question out on YouTube and a individual said he had the same issue, but a software update fixed it.

BaritoneGuy

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
No I do not have a screen protector. Did you receive a update yet, and if so did you install update then register fingerprint or vise versa? I put the question out on YouTube and a individual said he had the same issue, but a software update fixed it.

I have not heard of an update to fix fingerprint issues on the S6. The device did get an update right out of the box, but aside from security who knows what was in it. On my S10 however there was an update specific to the fingerprint reader.

bspill

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I was wondering if anyone has been having problems. With the fingerprint reader on tab S6? I have it synced with Note 10 Plus, and for some reason it is not registering my fingerprint. I believe it might be something in the settings that I don't know of. This is actually my second Tab S6. My previous one I had to send back because it was really laggy, but working right, and fingerprint was also not working as well. Box was damaged with first tab S6 so I figured it might have got damaged. I bought another Tab S6 at local Best Buy and still having fingerprint issues.

I had to deactivate the first finger print and it has worked fine after I reactivated it. Try turning the Tablet 360 degrees while setting up the print so it gets every angle of your print.

someniatko

Nov 27, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys. I have noticed that the fingerprint sensor works from sunrise to sunset, then stops working, and the same every day. You can also just try to change the time in settings to check my theory.

It is probably because the tablet applies some kind of blue light filter during the night hours, therefore breaking the optical fingerprint sensor which is under the screen

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys. I have noticed that the fingerprint sensor works from sunrise to sunset, then stops working, and the same every day. You can also just try to change the time in settings to check my theory.

It is probably because the tablet applies some kind of blue light filter during the night hours, therefore breaking the optical fingerprint sensor which is under the screen
I have had mine not work at night one time but never again. I need to test it with blue light filter though to see if I can recreate this issue. Don't have the tablet with me right now but will do tonight and report back.

someniatko

Nov 27, 2019
Visit site
Actually after the last update it seems to work, however it does not let me add new finger during night time. If I set system clock to e.g. 10am it works

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
My Tab S6 is only 1 week old and it still won't work consistently with the fingerprint reader. Now it won't recognize my prints at all, and when I try to register a new print it starts off ok, gets to 20% then keeps saying to cover the entire sensor until it just fails. Did anyone else have this same issue and resolved it by exchanging for a new tablet? I don't want to go through the hassle of exchanging the tablet if it won't help. Thanks.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
My Tab S6 is only 1 week old and it still won't work consistently with the fingerprint reader. Now it won't recognize my prints at all, and when I try to register a new print it starts off ok, gets to 20% then keeps saying to cover the entire sensor until it just fails. Did anyone else have this same issue and resolved it by exchanging for a new tablet? I don't want to go through the hassle of exchanging the tablet if it won't help. Thanks.
You using a screen protector? Also do you you have screen sensitivity on ?

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
After trying repeatedly to register my thumbprints, I discovered that if I moisten my finger first the scanner read it fine. So, with a slightly moisten finger the in-screen scanner will read my prints almost 100% of the time.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
After trying repeatedly to register my thumbprints, I discovered that if I moisten my finger first the scanner read it fine. So, with a slightly moisten finger the in-screen scanner will read my prints almost 100% of the time.
You have dry fingers , that's good it's working now