Shopping for a Tablet. Tab s6?

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Currently shopping for a tablet to compliment my Note 10+. Having hard time picking between Tab s4 and Tab S6. Probably savings close to $300 if I go with tab S4.

Currently have two Tab S2s. Had them for years and are the kids "beat the heck of" tablets. I would like to get me something nice. What would you get? Go for Tab S4 and save some money or go big or go home? Is it worth the extra money?

Thanks guys!

Last edited:

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Tab s6 has fingerprint sensor and better speakers. Facial recognition was terrible on the S4 because many apps couldn't decide to turn landscape.

But, if none of those are important to you, then the S4 was a perfectly servicable tablet.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Footprint difference on the S6 is incredibly noticeable while keeping the same screen real estate, and if updates are important, the S6 still has its usual 2+ years of updates ahead, while the S4 is probably on its last few months (it's still been getting security updates as of late, but not sure it'll go beyond the Android 10 update.

The Tab S6 keyboard isn't stellar, but the kickstand that comes with that case IS. That kind of cover isn't available on the S4. (But it does come at a hefty premium, even if you could still somehow manage to get the 50% off, which isn't running anymore).

For me having the FPS has helped a lot VS the S4 while using password apps, but that might not be a huge deal that's worth 300 bucks hehe

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Don't forget the memory and processor ugrade along with higher ram. Not a huge difference but the speed on the s6 does tend to handle task slightly faster than my s4. Also love the pen feature when listen to music or wanting to pause video when not directly in front of the tablet.

lateck2

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
I have both the Note 10+ and S6 tablet. I am very very happy with both. They do work together quite well.
You won't regret getting the S6.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Currently shopping for a tablet to compliment my Note 10+. Having hard time picking between Tab s4 and Tab S6. Probably savings close to $300 if I go with tab S4.

Currently have two Tab S2s. Had them for years and are the kids "beat the heck of" tablets. I would like to get me something nice. What would you get? Go for Tab S4 and save some money or go big or go home? Is it worth the extra money?

Thanks guys!
Well you got the Note 10 +, go for the Tab S6.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Footprint difference on the S6 is incredibly noticeable while keeping the same screen real estate, and if updates are important, the S6 still has its usual 2+ years of updates ahead, while the S4 is probably on its last few months (it's still been getting security updates as of late, but not sure it'll go beyond the Android 10 update.

The Tab S6 keyboard isn't stellar, but the kickstand that comes with that case IS. That kind of cover isn't available on the S4. (But it does come at a hefty premium, even if you could still somehow manage to get the 50% off, which isn't running anymore).

For me having the FPS has helped a lot VS the S4 while using password apps, but that might not be a huge deal that's worth 300 bucks hehe
Thank you, great points. Finger printer sensor one I didn't think about but I can't go back to entering passwords. No way.

I do want the keyboard cover case. Expensive for sure but it is a must to sit on the couch and be able to reply to work emails at night.

So, I think it is looking like I should shut it and pay up and get the 6S. Going to wait closer to Thanksgiving to see if any deals shows up to help lighten the blow :)

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I have both the Note 10+ and S6 tablet. I am very very happy with both. They do work together quite well.
You won't regret getting the S6.
What do you use to link Note 10+ to S6? Wanting to be able to see notifications, calls and texts there.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
If your note 10 is unlocked or not a Verizon version there's a built in feature call continuity. Works great for calls and text.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
What about the S5e?

I've been looking at the Tab S6 as well though. I'm just not sure if I need yet another screen to stare at right now.

lateck2

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
What do you use to link Note 10+ to S6? Wanting to be able to see notifications, calls and texts there.

I'm on Verizon so my N10+ works with Verizon Messages. What I like is that Samsung Notes sync and the UI's are the same. Makes using them equal. (I had an LG V30 and S3 tablet).

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

If you use the stock phone and messaging apps, Continuity (feature already built in on both devices, save for Verizon's Note 10 versions) should do the trick. However, for other notifications, you'll want to install Samsung's Flow, which sends all notifications (or the ones you choose, since there's granular support) to the other device, as well as file sharing/browsing, screen mirroring on PCs, etc.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Thank you, great points. Finger printer sensor one I didn't think about but I can't go back to entering passwords. No way.

I do want the keyboard cover case. Expensive for sure but it is a must to sit on the couch and be able to reply to work emails at night.

So, I think it is looking like I should shut it and pay up and get the 6S. Going to wait closer to Thanksgiving to see if any deals shows up to help lighten the blow :)

BestBuy ran a promo that knocked off 300 dollars off the Tab S6 last week. Lasted for like two hours haha. I'm sure there will be some promotions for the holiday season; just make sure to keep an eye on inventory. The black version is easy to come by, but the other colors might be on backorder for a couple months.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
What about the S5e?

I've been looking at the Tab S6 as well though. I'm just not sure if I need yet another screen to stare at right now.
I was too but I like the keyboard cover for S6. The ability to disconnect the keyboard is awesome. I want the S6 hehehe.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
BestBuy ran a promo that knocked off 300 dollars off the Tab S6 last week. Lasted for like two hours haha. I'm sure there will be some promotions for the holiday season; just make sure to keep an eye on inventory. The black version is easy to come by, but the other colors might be on backorder for a couple months.
Yep, saw that and missed it. Was pretty pissed. That was an insane drop. Some folks were saying it was a Best Buy fluke.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke