Just picked up a Galaxy Tab S6 today

burrzoo

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
@ClintRo, I'm updating my orig post. Don't know why I thought I had an S4, actually had an S3 which I sold on Swappa on Thanksgiving. Got the S6 now.

Last edited:

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
If you still have the Tab S4 and it still works for you I would just stick with that. It is a nice upgrade, but it would cost about $200 plus accesories after selling the old and buying the new.

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
I just got the cloud blue 256gb. Love it! The only issue I'm having is the finger print scanner is terrible. I've read up on it and it's a known issue, hopefully a software update can fix it soon..

Attachments

• 224186617.jpg
    224186617.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 40

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Congrats!
I have a Tab S4. Really wondering if it's worth it to upgrade. I don't use it that often but still like to have it around.

The tab s4 still considered one of the best tablets. if it still does everything you need it to do without delays or crashes, then upgrading is just a want, not a need so might as well stick with the old - unless you just gotta have it.

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
Strange, I really have no issue with the FPS.

I wish I could say the same. Every time I add a finger print it forgets it within hrs and won't work. On the Samsung members forum some people said experienced the same thing after last update. Do you have a wifi or carrier one?

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I wish I could say the same. Every time I add a finger print it forgets it within hrs and won't work. On the Samsung members forum some people said experienced the same thing after last update. Do you have a wifi or carrier one?
I have the Verizon version.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Just got the Tab S6 today via Amazon, to complement my Note 10+. Have to say - love it!!:)
Mine arriving Monday. 256gb variant and keyboard case cover. Monday can't get here soon enough. Also to compliment my white Note 10+. HELLLLZZZZZ YES!

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I just got the cloud blue 256gb. Love it! The only issue I'm having is the finger print scanner is terrible. I've read up on it and it's a known issue, hopefully a software update can fix it soon..
Do you have multiple fingerprints and did you make sure you repositioned your finger(s) multiple times?

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
Do you have multiple fingerprints and did you make sure you repositioned your finger(s) multiple times?

Yup. Was working fine yesterday. Then today would not recognize my finger print at all again. Had to delete and add again. I pretty much gave up on finger prints now and am just not going to have a screen lock since this tablet will never leave my home anyway..

Sukiyaki

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I just purchased one of these as a gift. Will any tablet keyboard enable the dex mode, or will I have to get the one Samsung makes?

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm on the Tab S4 still, but thinking about upgrading soon... the only reason I've waited this long is because my S4 is LTE on Verizon and if I get the Tab S6 it will have to be WIFI only. My Verizon plan only allows me to have three connected devices at a time and I've got my Note 9, Gear S3 Frontier watch and the Tab S4. Plus still paying off the Tab S4...

I'm still tempted to get the S6 in wifi only and just use both S4 and S6 for different things... But that might be tablet overkill as I also use the 11" iPad Pro from late 2018... we'll see...

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I'm on the Tab S4 still, but thinking about upgrading soon... the only reason I've waited this long is because my S4 is LTE on Verizon and if I get the Tab S6 it will have to be WIFI only. My Verizon plan only allows me to have three connected devices at a time and I've got my Note 9, Gear S3 Frontier watch and the Tab S4. Plus still paying off the Tab S4...

I'm still tempted to get the S6 in wifi only and just use both S4 and S6 for different things... But that might be tablet overkill as I also use the 11" iPad Pro from late 2018... we'll see...
Sounds like you have a tablet problem

burrzoo

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I got a Cloud Blue/256GB S6 last week. Finally used my Note 10+ Gift Credit. It's a really nice Tablet. I'm coming from a Tab S3 which was a very good tablet too but the S6 is way more spunky and so much more.
Now, my fingerprint scanner (one setup only) works flawlessly (unlike my Note 10+ which is slow and unresponsive most of the time. I have 3 fingerprints setup for the same finger but the Note does have a screen protector on it so maybe that is the difference).
One thing that I never looked for or even knew if my Tab S3 even had it but there's no Galaxy Theme store for the Tab S6 (or S4 from what I've read). I recently discovered the #HEX app and themes and I wanted to add a custom font to my Tab S6 but unless you have the Theme Store installed and the default theme & High Contrast theme you can't use #Hex. I sideloaded the Galaxy Theme store apk to my Tab but it wasn't recognized.
Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs