people looking to make a profit **** me off

gizzyman

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
this is just a rant, but last month bestbuy had a sale on the tab 6 256 mb for 400 and something, there was only a limited amount, by the time I saw it and went to get one they were sold out, they sold out QUICK for one reason...I went over to ebay to see if I was right and yup, listed were tons of the exact same tab's from best buy..these people bought them up just to resell them for more...so people who actually wanted one got screwed...I hope those people dont sell them and are stuck with a tablet they dont want.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
this is just a rant, but last month bestbuy had a sale on the tab 6 256 mb for 400 and something, there was only a limited amount, by the time I saw it and went to get one they were sold out, they sold out QUICK for one reason...I went over to ebay to see if I was right and yup, listed were tons of the exact same tab's from best buy..these people bought them up just to resell them for more...so people who actually wanted one got screwed...I hope those people dont sell them and are stuck with a tablet they dont want.

then the price will go back down.. :D

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You can get the 128GB one from TMo for 350 (although it does come with a 20-dollar-a-month DIGITS line for 2 years).

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Happens all the time with anything that's limited and goes on sale. There's even a word for that (and it's already grown whiskers) - scalping.

gizzyman

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
half the stuff on amazon is cheap chinese junk bought from alibaba and resold...thas why you see so many of the same looking products from different people at different prices..gotta be careful on amazon now

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
half the stuff on amazon is cheap chinese junk bought from alibaba and resold...thas why you see so many of the same looking products from different people at different prices..gotta be careful on amazon now

there was a big article recently about how resellers would find sales, buy up all the sales items and resell on amazon. that is what I was referring to. I tried to find it but after umpteen pages of black friday sales news, I gave up.

Also, imo, You have to be as careful with amazon as ebay or any other reselling site.

munnarg

Trusted Member
Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I missed out on that sale as well, but ended up getting mine directly from Samsung right when they went on sale recently. My Chase CC had an offer for 20% cashback from Samsung directly, and Ebates/ Rakuten had 10% cashback as well. I basically saved 30% without having to stress myself out.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
There was something on the news about resellers who walk around stores with an app telling them prices and buying up deals for resale. Theres a big market out there.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Ya I missed that deal too. It is what it is. But let's be honest, I would buy a few and resell them if I could hehehe.

gizzyman

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
ya I saw that news thing also, I had no idea how big reselling was and people actually have made it into a full time good paying job

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Little trivia fun for ya: BMW in Latin America started offering free rearview mirror and wheel cover replacements for first-owners since the resale market for those in LatAm is humongous (obviously the market is such because they steal them from other cars).

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
The solution is actually quite simple. Don't buy from them. If nobody buys from those resellers, they won't do it anymore. Same holds true for any product you don't like the price of. Business 101.

Audiophobe

Dec 21, 2019
Visit site
I missed out on that sale as well, but ended up getting mine directly from Samsung right when they went on sale recently. My Chase CC had an offer for 20% cashback from Samsung directly, and Ebates/ Rakuten had 10% cashback as well. I basically saved 30% without having to stress myself out.

Really!
Which Chase CC do you have?
I don't see it on my Sapphire.

Audiophobe

Dec 21, 2019
Visit site
I see those on eBay. You can save $60 on an S6/256.
I always wondered where they come from. Now I know!
So are the warranties valid from a reseller?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2