Cannot sync calls and messages on Verizon Galaxy Tab S6

fab213

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Is there anyway to install the unlocked version of the software on my Verizon tablet? I want my messages and calls to sync between My phone and tablet but apparently Verizon has disabled this feature.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Is there anyway to install the unlocked version of the software on my Verizon tablet? I want my messages and calls to sync between My phone and tablet but apparently Verizon has disabled this feature.
I think it's because that is achievable through their texting app. I left Verizon 3 years ago but had calls and texts syncing up with my tablet back then through their own texting app.

SUCKS that Verizon pulls crap like this.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
My guess is they may have disabled it so you would use their Verizon Cloud Services. Cross platform, cross device sync is one thing they tout about this service.

Your issue has me asking questions of my own;

Are both devices on the same account?

Does the tab have a SIM card of its own?

Does it have its own phone number?

To reply to this thread please register an account. This link will help you do that... https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community-new-post.html

fab213

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Theoretically you can install a unlocked firmware ....

I would like to do this. I have searched but can only find ways to load stock Android. I would like to install unlocked firmware from Samsung. Would you know where I can find a link to do this?

fab213

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
My guess is they may have disabled it so you would use their Verizon Cloud Services. Cross platform, cross device sync is one thing they tout about this service.

Your issue has me asking questions of my own;

Are both devices on the same account?

Does the tab have a SIM card of its own?

Does it have its own phone number?

To reply to this thread please register an account. This link will help you do that... https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community-new-post.html

Yes both devices are on the same account.
The tablet has its own SIM and phone number.

I would prefer not to use the Verizon messaging app.

My Note 10+ is unlocked and I use Samsung messages.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
So glad I went with WiFi only version this time. I had the Tab S2 LTE Verizon prior, and it was also locked into using Verizon Message apps. Plus that extra $10-$20 per month to access my data I was already paying for.

Hotspoting is such a breeze the way it's implemented these days, I really can't think of a good reason why to pay more for the LTE version. Higher device price and added monthly fee to access the data you already paid for.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Yes both devices are on the same account.
The tablet has its own SIM and phone number.

I would prefer not to use the Verizon messaging app.

My Note 10+ is unlocked and I use Samsung messages.

If it has it's own cell number you will not be able to sync messages and calls. At least not the way you are wanting to. That would be like a couple having the same plan, each call he gets she gets, each message he gets she gets, so on and so on...

I do have a solution however. Google Voice. The reason Google Voice is one of the most attractive options is because you only need to register one device, I would opt for the phone if it is your primary device, and you have access to the call log and messages, mostly.

OK Google here I go, if you're reading this I want my commission; LOL

With Google Voice when you register it will give you a Google phone number. I like the Google phone# because I can give it out and not my personal number, and it is supper easy to block callers. Here's a short list of other things Voice can do;

Customized/personalized voicemail greetings. Tell Grandma you love her every time you send her to voicemail, I mean miss her call.

Free Visual Voicemail. Turn voicemail messages into text and have them delivered as SMS messages to all of your devices. Read, listen to or access GV VM from any device you can log-in to Google.

Link up to 5 devices to your account. When you get a call on your G# or carrier number the call will ring all of your devices like call forwarding so you will never miss a call. Even forward calls to landlines. If you receive a text it will be sent to all SMS capable devices.

Send or receive calls and texts from your Google # just like you would your carrier number. Plus the piece of mind that you are not using your personal number and callers can be easily blocked.

With the Google # send select callers directly to VM and never have your phone ring but always get the message.

Send callers to directly to VM, never have your phone ring, have a personalized greeting play but do not allow them to leave a message. Yeah read that again... That's right. *If you are using your carrier number the phone will ring but the rest will still work.

There are probably a handful of other things I'm forgetting, but long story short, this is one way to get what you're looking for. I believe they updated the service so you can make Voice your primary and it allows you to do even more using your personal number.

Oh and I forgot to mention that it is free. "Google" free, so yeah they are going to collect every piece of data they can on you and your use of their service, just like they do when you search with them, go online with them, pick up that Android branded device of theirs, etc. etc. etc.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
That's not true. You still individually recieve the texts same as the phone as well as these tablet number. You can also choose to reply from the tablet number or your cell number simultaneously. It's actually pretty seamless how it works.
If it has it's own cell number you will not be able to sync messages and calls. At least not the way you are wanting to. That would be like a couple having the same plan, each call he gets she gets, each message he gets she gets, so on and so on...

I do have a solution however. Google Voice. The reason Google Voice is one of the most attractive options is because you only need to register one device, I would opt for the phone if it is your primary device, and you have access to the call log and messages, mostly.

OK Google here I go, if you're reading this I want my commission; LOL

With Google Voice when you register it will give you a Google phone number. I like the Google phone# because I can give it out and not my personal number, and it is supper easy to block callers. Here's a short list of other things Voice can do;

Customized/personalized voicemail greetings. Tell Grandma you love her every time you send her to voicemail, I mean miss her call.

Free Visual Voicemail. Turn voicemail messages into text and have them delivered as SMS messages to all of your devices. Read, listen to or access GV VM from any device you can log-in to Google.

Link up to 5 devices to your account. When you get a call on your G# or carrier number the call will ring all of your devices like call forwarding so you will never miss a call. Even forward calls to landlines. If you receive a text it will be sent to all SMS capable devices.

Send or receive calls and texts from your Google # just like you would your carrier number. Plus the piece of mind that you are not using your personal number and callers can be easily blocked.

With the Google # send select callers directly to VM and never have your phone ring but always get the message.

Send callers to directly to VM, never have your phone ring, have a personalized greeting play but do not allow them to leave a message. Yeah read that again... That's right. *If you are using your carrier number the phone will ring but the rest will still work.

There are probably a handful of other things I'm forgetting, but long story short, this is one way to get what you're looking for. I believe they updated the service so you can make Voice your primary and it allows you to do even more using your personal number.

Oh and I forgot to mention that it is free. "Google" free, so yeah they are going to collect every piece of data they can on you and your use of their service, just like they do when you search with them, go online with them, pick up that Android branded device of theirs, etc. etc. etc.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
So glad I went with WiFi only version this time. I had the Tab S2 LTE Verizon prior, and it was also locked into using Verizon Message apps. Plus that extra $10-$20 per month to access my data I was already paying for.

Hotspoting is such a breeze the way it's implemented these days, I really can't think of a good reason why to pay more for the LTE version. Higher device price and added monthly fee to access the data you already paid for.
Yep, I hotspot from my phone whenever I need to. WiFi version is all I need. I guess if you HAVE to be connected all the time on your tablet, it just doesn't make sense to hotspot a lot as it drains battery fast.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
That's not true. You still individually recieve the texts same as the phone as well as these tablet number. You can also choose to reply from the tablet number or your cell number simultaneously. It's actually pretty seamless how it works.

What part isn't true? I didn't mention that you can still receive individual messages sent to either devices carrier number, because I thought that was a given. The same with replies from the device. If I missed something else or misspoke please elaborate so the OP has more information, and I can make future corrections.

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I have Sprint and they are the same way!
I think it's because that is achievable through their texting app. I left Verizon 3 years ago but had calls and texts syncing up with my tablet back then through their own texting app.

SUCKS that Verizon pulls crap like this.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Why does Verizon have Samsung messages and Textra blocked on their S6 tablet?

I hate Verizon Messages+

Why do you think they have either of those blocked? They aren't blocked on any other device on the Verizon network so why would they block it on the just the Tab S6?

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Why do you think they have either of those blocked? They aren't blocked on any other device on the Verizon network so why would they block it on the just the Tab S6?

Don't know but they do.

The only way you can send text from the Verizon Tab S6 LTE is to use their crappy Messages+ app which blows.

They have the tablet gimped when it comes to texting.

Last edited:

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm using Google messenger on my Note 10+ (because of RCS) and using Google messages for web on the Tab S6. It works well, not as well as the app but it syncs all the messages and also works with RCS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2