I have the Tab S6 Coverbook w/ Keyboard and due to the issues surrounding the kickstand portion sliding off I was wondering if anyone has had any luck using a different case that still allows the keyboard to be attached and detached easily. Something simular to the Microsoft Surface cases from UAG.

Thanks
    01-05-2020 03:57 AM
    Since the keyboard isn't a separate accessory, no case is designed to allow the connection and full-size bar required for the pogo pins to connect, unfortunately. From the size of the keyboard connector and how far it goes into the corners, no case would have the proper grip on the tablet on that side if they were to allow the keyboard to be connected. That being said, there ARE cases that don't necessarily hold the tablet, and while it might be a little awkward to attach the keyboard and type, you might be able to find those usable (magnetic attachment to the back of the tablet, nothing covering the pogo connectors (MoKo Smart Folio Case Fit Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 10.5 2019, Slim Lightweight Smart Shell Stand Cover, Strong Magnetic Adsorption with Auto Wake/Sleep for Galaxy Tab S6 10.5" SM-T860/T865 - Lucky Tree https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XXSGV4L...cUvbUpU6718558)

I've been trying to find something similar but the other way around: keep the kickstand and get a screen cover to allow me to carry the tablet without the keyboard. Same problem hehe.
    belodion likes this.
    01-06-2020 01:47 PM
    I Use the Magnetic cover case and the key board case sometimes. I like the light weight of the Book cover daily and then just use it as a stand and use the KB ,store it in my bag usually, when I need it. I don't use the keyboard often and not a fan of the sticky type back case that comes with the keyboard.

SpookDroid likes this.
    01-09-2020 09:12 AM
    I Use the Magnetic cover case and the key board case sometimes. I like the light weight of the Book cover daily and then just use it as a stand and use the KB ,store it in my bag usually, when I need it. I don't use the keyboard often and not a fan of the sticky type back case that comes with the keyboard.

[IMG=3024x4032]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200109/ce2f2bf93c4d44c018fabdc63cfbcc7b.jpg[/url]
    Is that the official Samsung book cover case? I was wondering if you can actually use it when the keyboard.
    01-10-2020 07:57 AM
    The Amazon clones are just as good, tbh. If Samsung didn't overcharge for theirs I'd get one... But honestly, the kickstand is WAY better than the magnetic one. That's why I wish they'd sell just a flat cover to be used with that. Sure, the adhesive is a PITA, but at least mine once it was set, it doesn't come off!
    01-10-2020 11:44 AM
    Is that the official Samsung book cover case? I was wondering if you can actually use it when the keyboard.
    Yes Official Case. I like it.

The Amazon clones are just as good, tbh. If Samsung didn't overcharge for theirs I'd get one... But honestly, the kickstand is WAY better than the magnetic one. That's why I wish they'd sell just a flat cover to be used with that. Sure, the adhesive is a PITA, but at least mine once it was set, it doesn't come off!
    Some of them don't have the magnets in the correct place and cause issues with the digitizer. I posted a thread on the one I had in here somewhere. I do agree they are pricey.
    Lepa79 likes this.
    01-10-2020 03:25 PM
    I've had my S6 for a few months now and I've loved the Samsung keyboard and kickstand combo since day 1. I've shared what seems to be the normal frustration with the back cover coming off. I tried cleaning it, I tried pushing harder, nothing worked. I wasn't willing to give up though, there's not another case that offers the same Microsoft Surface style kickstand. Finally I found the solution; silicone. I put a bead of silicone right down the center of the oval of adhesive foam on the cover pushed it onto the S6 and 2 weeks later it hasn't budged. It's been flawless. If I ever need to remove it I'll be able to because silicone never hardens, it's gonna be a pain to get off, but it'll peal right off. It's the best move I've made with the S6. If anyone needs some guidance, let me know.
    03-15-2020 08:23 PM
    Mine was just a defective case. After I had them replace it I haven't had an issue even after taking it off after a fee months to show someone what it looks like without a case.
    I've had my S6 for a few months now and I've loved the Samsung keyboard and kickstand combo since day 1. I've shared what seems to be the normal frustration with the back cover coming off. I tried cleaning it, I tried pushing harder, nothing worked. I wasn't willing to give up though, there's not another case that offers the same Microsoft Surface style kickstand. Finally I found the solution; silicone. I put a bead of silicone right down the center of the oval of adhesive foam on the cover pushed it onto the S6 and 2 weeks later it hasn't budged. It's been flawless. If I ever need to remove it I'll be able to because silicone never hardens, it's gonna be a pain to get off, but it'll peal right off. It's the best move I've made with the S6. If anyone needs some guidance, let me know.
    03-19-2020 10:49 AM
    ClintRo refers to the Book Cover case, but there are two different cases that Samsung calls BookCover:

The two piece Keyboard BookCover, shown in Clint's photo. The back with kickstand attaches to the tablet with adhesive and the removable keyboard attaches magnetically.

There's also the once piece BookCover without a keyboard. It attaches magnetically without any adhesive. From what I can see on the web, you couldn't use that BookCover while the adhesive back from the Keyboard burger is attached to your tablet.

I think OP and I am looking for the answer to the same question: is there a case or cover that would protect the screen of my tablet while the adhesive back from the Keyboard BookCover is attached to the tablet?

I would like to have a flap to protect the screen at times I'd like to detach the keyboard. If I just fold the keyboard back, I inadvertently move the cursor by hitting the touchpad with my fingers.

It would be nice if Samsung just made a plain front cover without the keyboard that would attach magnetically in the same spot.
    03-23-2020 03:09 AM
    I was thinking you could use the book cover than just attach the Keyboard only part where needed. which you can do, but you want the keyboard back cover and have a front cover for when your not using the actual KB. I get that, but have not seen anything.
    03-23-2020 09:00 AM
    I was thinking you could use the book cover than just attach the Keyboard only part where needed. which you can do, but you want the keyboard back cover and have a front cover for when your not using the actual KB. I get that, but have not seen anything.
    Yep, I have the Samsung book cover on and just use the keyboard when needed. All is well.
    03-29-2020 05:26 PM
    Yep, I have the Samsung book cover on and just use the keyboard when needed. All is well.
    Hi sorry to bump this currently own a tab S6 and the book cover and have just ordered the official keyboard cover as got it for a great price!

So I think what your saying is I can just keep using my book cover and attach the keyboard when required? rather than sticking the back part onto the tablet with the keyboard cover on its way is that right?
    04-29-2020 10:57 AM
    What price? May I ask
    04-29-2020 08:08 PM
    What price? May I ask
    I got the keyboard cover brand new and sealed for £45
    ClintRo likes this.
    04-29-2020 11:56 PM
    I paid £45 for the non-keyboard Book Cover recently, so yours was either a bargain, or you need to check you have the right one when it comes. I use the non-keyboard Book Cover usually, and just attach the keyboard when necessary, as per ClintRo's picture above.
    04-30-2020 09:50 AM
    I paid £45 for the non-keyboard Book Cover recently, so yours was either a bargain, or you need to check you have the right one when it comes. I use the non-keyboard Book Cover usually, and just attach the keyboard when necessary, as per ClintRo's picture above.
    It's the keyboard version a ebayer seller sold about 8 of them for £45 so was a bargain.
    04-30-2020 11:01 AM
    Does the Samsung Book Cover (not keyboard cover) offer decent protection to the tablet or any protection?
    05-04-2020 05:04 AM
    Does the Samsung Book Cover (not keyboard cover) offer decent protection to the tablet or any protection?
    Not really if you drop it. The book cover sticks by magnate and it could easily fly out if it hit the ground hard. From scratches and minor drops, it should do okay. If you are looking for heavy duty protection, that is not the case.
    05-09-2020 09:52 AM
    ok, thanks Lepa79
    05-11-2020 05:51 AM