New Tab S6

Budman40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
So i bit the bullet and bought a Tab S6 yesterday. I also got the Samsung keyboard case with it, which is sticking to the back just fine, although time will tell. Anyways, I have a Note 10+ and have used Dex a time or two on it, both with just monitor and connected to PC. So when i connected the keyboard case it was asking about starting Dex. I was thinking why do i need to do that? Well, I started it and it clicked!! I realized at that point the usefulness of Dex on this tablet. For some reason, since i only used Dex on the Note 10+, I just assumed it would be useful connected to a monitor. I was really wrong and gladly so.
What are your thoughts on Dex and this tablet?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
DeX on the tablet is the most underrated feature of this one! I use it all the time like that when trying to do multitasking. It's amazing. Only thing that is a bummer is that some apps aren't playing nice with it (like not allowing you to resize the window like Messenger, or simply looping when trying to load something like NBCs app to just plain refusing to work or working only sporadically like LastPass, which even gives you the message saying that it will NOT work in DeX and to try it out in tablet mode).

Fast-T

Nov 6, 2017
Visit site
DeX will become usable for me once apps will be able to run multiple instances (2 Excel sheets open at the same time). Until then, no use for me.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
DeX will become usable for me once apps will be able to run multiple instances (2 Excel sheets open at the same time). Until then, no use for me.

That's an Office Mobile limitation, not a DeX one. You can use other Office suites (like, well, Office Suite) that do allow you to have multiple instances open. I believe Google Sheets also allows for multiple instances.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci