Are you guys applying screen protector?

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
Never had screen protector on my Tab S4 but didn't remove the one samsung provided from Note 10+. Are you planning to apply screen protector to S7+. Which one is it?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
After seeing microscratches on my tab S4 where I used to write all the time, I started using one on the S6 and do not regret it haha I saw the same marks eventually on the glass protector as well. I use the cheap HRC9 glass protectors from Amazon... usually get a 2 or 3 pack for like 15 bucks or less. You could also do the wet install ones but since the tablet isn't rated for water immersion like the phones, that's why I stay away from those for the tablet (although they're a lot thinner and less noticeable).

PhabPhan

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Yes, most definitely. I have used tempered glass screen protector on my S6 and I've already bought a 2 pack tempered glass protector for the S7+.

I used to use the plastic-y ones, but hated the way it feels when using the pen, and I use the pen A LOT.

I'm all set for my new tablet!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
does the screen protector reduce the pen sensitivity against the screen?
It doesn't but it does reduce the distance the screen and the pen can be apart and still work (i.e. hovering), but it's negligible for practical use. Once you're pressing against the screen, that isn't affected as most of the work is being done in the pen itself.

You might notice a slight difference in glide feel on the protector VS the actual glass, but that's very subjective (it's way more noticeable on thin-film protectors are these are more plasticky and not as slick as glass).

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I hadn't considered the pen tip causing scratches. I didn't use the pen often on my Tab S3 and never had a screen protector on it and only have a couple VERY tiny scratches (barely noticeable, might not even show in pictures for listing it for sale). Since I can have the pen always handy I may use it more, I might need to get a protector for my Tab S7...

PhabPhan

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
The below list looks comprehensive. Which of these can you guys think is best without losing pen sensitivity.

https://www.androidcentral.com/best-samsung-galaxy-tab-s7-plus-screen-protectors
I personally do not like the PET film or non- tempered glass protectors. It leaves pen/scratch marks all over the screen and it feels weird when using the s-pen.

I've had no issues with pen sensitivity with any of the glass ones, whether Omoton, Sparin, Benazcap, etc. I forget I even have a protector on it. Plus I don't worry much about fingerprint smudges.

Last edited:

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I personally do not like the PET film or non- tempered glass protectors. It leaves pen/scratch marks all over the screen and it feels weird when using the s-pen.

I've had no issues with pen sensitivity with any of the glass ones, whether Omoton, Sparin, Benazcap, etc. I forget I even have a protector on it. Plus I don't worry much about fingerprint smudges.

I Got the Benazcap coming I ordered theirs because it states it's only 0.25 thick as opposed to the 0.33 thickness of the majority of others I looked up on Amazon.

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I install glass protectors on my tablets because I prefer it over the plastic ones and for added protection, one time I had my Tab S2 sitting on my computer desk while I was typing and a medium sized picture frame fell from the top of the desk and the corner of the picture frame landed right on my Tablet screen and cracked the protector instead of the screen so I rather be safe than sorry and have my table protected.

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Did you end up installing this screen protector?

I still haven't received my Tab s7 plus, as for the screen protector it feels a little more flexible than past protectors I've installed and I'm thinking because they're a little thinner than the ones I've purchased before, I'm supposed to get my tablet on the 22nd I'll post here how the screen protector feels on the tablet.

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
It comes with a bunch of stickers for dust removal and then two bigger stickers for dust but instead of using the bigger ones to removal I actually put one on each side of the screen protector and used them as handles to drop it right down in the middle. Worked out perfect for me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12