Deciding Between Tab S7 and 7+

bigsmoke79

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking a Samsung Tablet to complete my eco system and accompany my Note 20 Ultra and GW3

I'm just struggling on which size! I think the 12.4 is too big for portrait use etc but again I love that big Amoled screen! If I went with this I think it be restricted to the house.

The smaller one would be more mobile and could take it to work etc to use on my lunch etc, but then it's the LCD screen which I still think will look amazing I'm torn! help haha

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I saw both side by side and I'd say if you want that size, go for S6. AMOLED is hands down the winner. The s7 feels like a step down side by side.

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
I moved from Tab S4 to Tab S7+. Initially not very comfortable ordering bigger device but am loving it now. If you are not comfortable with larger screen Tab S7 should be great too and more portable. Don't go for Tab S6 thinking it has amoled screen, as the pros of S7 weighs more. Listing them below.

- Better processor
- better placement of front camera
- better keyboard cover
- 3 year updates
- better back cameras
- 120 hz refresh rate
- bigger battery
- better spen (physically)
- low latency spen
- wireless Dex
- efficient storage UFS 3.1
- wifi 6 (not sure if tab S6 has this)

Also I recommend going for 256GB version since it will have 8GB RAM.

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I moved from Tab S4 to Tab S7+. Initially not very comfortable ordering bigger device but am loving it now. If you are not comfortable with larger screen Tab S7 should be great too and more portable. Don't go for Tab S6 thinking it has amoled screen, as the pros of S7 weighs more. Listing them below.

- Better processor
- better placement of front camera
- better keyboard cover
- 3 year updates
- better back cameras
- 120 hz refresh rate
- bigger battery
- better spen (physically)
- low latency spen
- wireless Dex
- efficient storage UFS 3.1
- wifi 6 (not sure if tab S6 has this)

Also I recommend going for 256GB version since it will have 8GB RAM.

What he said. 100%.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Wireless DeX is coming to the Tab S6 by the end of the year, and yes, while the S7 does have 120Hz support, comparing an S6 and an S7 side by side, on the screen front, the S6 still comes out on top. Not so with the S7+, however. AMOLED DOES make a difference.

Apple2Droid

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Did you make your decision yet?

I echo everything that @srgonu said. I had the Tab S4, and I liked everything about it except the battery, which was horrendous, especially standby. The smaller S7 had either a similar or smaller battery than the S4, which made it an absolute no go for me, as did the lack of a Super OLED screen. I hate that Samsung neutered the battery and put an LCD screen in the smaller one because that's what I would have chosen. I fully expected not to like the size of the S7+, but the only time I've put it down in the two weeks that I've had it is when my eye was bandaged after a procedure last week, so I wasn't using screens for several days. I never liked the form factor with the S4 because I wanted to use it on portrait mode, which just seemed weird. With the S7+ it would never dawn on me to even try to use it in portrait mode so this is working better for me. It's a little smaller than my 13" MacBook Pro, so it isn't as huge as I thought it would be. I'm fine with the size now and I'm really liking the keyboard case that finally arrived yesterday.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yup, size does take some getting used to (and it is heavier than the lower models) but it's by no means bad (it's actually shocking that this screen size can fit into such a slim and not-so-heavy body). Definitely not for everyone, but I do prefer the S7+ (or S6 if you really have to have a smaller screen).

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I opted for the S7+ because I really wanted the bigger screen. For that reason only I am happy with my decision. However...being an AT&T customer I now have a WiFi only tablet that is almost useless to me outside my home unless I use my phone's hotspot. Not a huge deal breaker but I am considering selling it and buying the regular size S7 so I can put it on AT&T. Haven't really decided for sure yet.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Do you REALLY need the mobile data on the tablet? (I'm honestly asking, bear with me... My experience that saved me from buying the S6 back when and avoided having to settle for less memory... Now you'd settle for the lesser specs, no AMOLED screen (and trust me, it DOES make a difference) and smaller size alongside the less memory if you wanted to go with the 256GB model... My friend talked me into testing it out for 3 days. Just 3. Take my tablet out and see where I used it. And you know what? I never needed the phone's Hotspot most of the time as all the places I visited had WiFi! And even then, he also pointed out that some carriers might have a better deal for mobile Hotspots that can provide data to multiple devices rather than just one than on very-limited tablet data. So again, ask yourself if you really need the mobile data on the tablet that bad that it justifies settling for the lower model if you seem to be OK with the larger tablet size).

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I got the S7 because the Plus is too big.
I love it, the display us perfect, it's fast, smooth and it covers all my needs in a tablet. ??????

Seeker336

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Do you REALLY need the mobile data on the tablet? (I'm honestly asking, bear with me... My experience that saved me from buying the S6 back when and avoided having to settle for less memory... Now you'd settle for the lesser specs, no AMOLED screen (and trust me, it DOES make a difference) and smaller size alongside the less memory if you wanted to go with the 256GB model... My friend talked me into testing it out for 3 days. Just 3. Take my tablet out and see where I used it. And you know what? I never needed the phone's Hotspot most of the time as all the places I visited had WiFi! And even then, he also pointed out that some carriers might have a better deal for mobile Hotspots that can provide data to multiple devices rather than just one than on very-limited tablet data. So again, ask yourself if you really need the mobile data on the tablet that bad that it justifies settling for the lower model if you seem to be OK with the larger tablet size).

Just want to echo this train of thought. I, too, was really bummed that AT&T chose to support 5G on only the Tab S7. But I went for the wifi S7+ with 512 RAM and have never looked back! I also found that 90+% of the places I went away from the house all offered Wifi connectivity. When they did not, I hve my Note 20 Ultra 5G to look up something quickly.

Completely thrilled with my Tab S7+.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site

That is a good point. Plus I can always use the hotspot on my Note 20 if I need to use it in the car or someplace w/o WiFi. I definitely love the larger AMOLED screen and would hate to give it up. I'll probably just keep the one I have. It's truly the best tablet I've ever used!

ZuperioKing

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
For me, Yes. I am mobile 90% of my day. Either driving or on location. The places I visit do have Wi-Fi, however for privacy reasons I refuse to connect to a public Wi-Fi for safety and security.

I also use my Tab S+ as an Xbox with cloud gaming. As you can imagine 22GB of mobile hotspot data is maxed within a few hours.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I have a ipad mini LTE and I think it worth it. Everywhere I go I get all of my notifications no delays. I was thinking of getting the tab s7 but the LTE pricing is way too high I will stick with my iPad for a few more years unless the pricing changes.

pags11

Mar 5, 2019
Visit site
That is a good point. Plus I can always use the hotspot on my Note 20 if I need to use it in the car or someplace w/o WiFi. I definitely love the larger AMOLED screen and would hate to give it up. I'll probably just keep the one I have. It's truly the best tablet I've ever used!

Exactly what I plan on doing with my Tab S7+ using my S21 Ultra as a hot spot. Didn't feel it was worth it to get the LTE version as 90ish percent of the time I use a tablet I'm tied to a Wi-Fi network. Then I could spend more money on specs as I went with the 512 GB model.

michail71

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
I just picked up the S7+. Primarily because there is no local inventory on the S7 and the screen looks kind of dull next to the S21 Ultra and S7+. However, I'm not really liking the size for ease of use, at lease yet. It's almost like trying to use my Surface Book as a tablet.

I'm thinking it might be better when I get the keyboard cover. From the looks of it, I think the keyboard cover would make for better handling.

For now I'm using the basic $80 cover, which is terrible!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol