Completely replaced my Macbook Pro

TheOpusFuller

May 28, 2010
www.Germanity.com
Just thought I would come in here and post my opinions.

I used to be an Apple user. Owned iPhones, apple watch, iPad, imac, macbook pro, etc. A few years ago I retired my iPhone 6 Plus and purchased a Galaxy Note and never looked back. Owned many Notes over the years. Still have an iMac at home and up until today I used my Macbook Pro daily for work.

I have owned the Tab S3 and the Tab S4. Preordered the Tab S7 + but the keyboard was backordered. Finally got the Keyboard on Wednesday and today has been the first day I got to use it at work. Typing on it as we speak. Yup, This thing has completely replaced my Macbook Pro. I work at a car dealership so a lot of my work load is web based via customer management software and customer management apps that are available in the android store. So it has been an easy transition from the Macbook to the Tab S7 +.

The keyboard is absolutely fantastic. One thing I had an issue with on my Tab S4 was everything was super small and compact. Typing on the keyboard I would hit the screen with fingers. Just wasn't ideal so I kept using my Macbook for work. Now with the larger tablet and the larger keyboard I can type fast without any mistakes. I just took a typing speed test and got 60 WPM. So yeah, am able to type pretty fast with this keyboard.

Now, I'll still use my iMac and Macbook for Premiere and After Effects, etc. but I don't mind that. But as my daily work machine, It will be the Tab S7 +, does everything that I need and then some.

I wish there was a way I can get text messages from my phone onto my tablet. That would be some great integration. I'm sure there's a way to do it through a paid app or something but I haven't figured it out yet.

If anyone is on the fence with doing daily work, I'd highly recopmmend the Tab S7 +. I also got the 256GB with 8GB of Ram. I accidently ordered the 128GB 6GB of ram but returned it for the extra. I think down the road I'll do some Xbox game streaming so that's why I wanted to get the extra Ram.

Also, I haven't noticed any slow down or lag. And I'm using 4 tabs on the internet app. Have the notes app opened and a couple of other things.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to reply.

TheOpusFuller

May 28, 2010
www.Germanity.com
I do have a samsung phone. Note 20 Ultra. It's on Verizon's network. My Tab S7+ doesn't have a carrier plan or anything. Just wifi. Is there an app or something built in to access texts and calls?

rhapdog

May 1, 2015
Visit site
I do have a samsung phone. Note 20 Ultra. It's on Verizon's network. My Tab S7+ doesn't have a carrier plan or anything. Just wifi. Is there an app or something built in to access texts and calls?

You just need to use the "Call and Text on other devices" feature. Turn it on on both Samsung devices and your calls and texts will come through on both devices. It should already be installed on both devices, as it comes built-in on those. You'll need to search "call and text on other devices" in your settings and turn it on. Once on, you can configure it.

No need for paid apps.

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
Settings - advanced features - call & text on other devices. Turn this on and you will revive calls and text messages on your tablet. Just make sure you logged in to your samsung account on both devices.

Gary_Berg

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
If you use "Call and text on other devices" do you have to use the Samsung text messaging app? Or could you use Google Messages?

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
If you're Ultra is the Verizon variant and not the unlocked version you can't use the call & text feature, but you can use verizon messages on both your phone and tablet to sync calls and text.

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
You just need to use the "Call and Text on other devices" feature. Turn it on on both Samsung devices and your calls and texts will come through on both devices. It should already be installed on both devices, as it comes built-in on those. You'll need to search "call and text on other devices" in your settings and turn it on. Once on, you can configure it.

No need for paid apps.

That feature does not appear on my S21 Ultra- is it possible to share calls and texts from a S21 to the Tab S7+?

pags11

Mar 5, 2019
Visit site
Just thought I would come in here and post my opinions.

I used to be an Apple user. Owned iPhones, apple watch, iPad, imac, macbook pro, etc. A few years ago I retired my iPhone 6 Plus and purchased a Galaxy Note and never looked back. Owned many Notes over the years. Still have an iMac at home and up until today I used my Macbook Pro daily for work.

I have owned the Tab S3 and the Tab S4. Preordered the Tab S7 + but the keyboard was backordered. Finally got the Keyboard on Wednesday and today has been the first day I got to use it at work. Typing on it as we speak. Yup, This thing has completely replaced my Macbook Pro. I work at a car dealership so a lot of my work load is web based via customer management software and customer management apps that are available in the android store. So it has been an easy transition from the Macbook to the Tab S7 +.

The keyboard is absolutely fantastic. One thing I had an issue with on my Tab S4 was everything was super small and compact. Typing on the keyboard I would hit the screen with fingers. Just wasn't ideal so I kept using my Macbook for work. Now with the larger tablet and the larger keyboard I can type fast without any mistakes. I just took a typing speed test and got 60 WPM. So yeah, am able to type pretty fast with this keyboard.

Now, I'll still use my iMac and Macbook for Premiere and After Effects, etc. but I don't mind that. But as my daily work machine, It will be the Tab S7 +, does everything that I need and then some.

I wish there was a way I can get text messages from my phone onto my tablet. That would be some great integration. I'm sure there's a way to do it through a paid app or something but I haven't figured it out yet.

If anyone is on the fence with doing daily work, I'd highly recopmmend the Tab S7 +. I also got the 256GB with 8GB of Ram. I accidently ordered the 128GB 6GB of ram but returned it for the extra. I think down the road I'll do some Xbox game streaming so that's why I wanted to get the extra Ram.

Also, I haven't noticed any slow down or lag. And I'm using 4 tabs on the internet app. Have the notes app opened and a couple of other things.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to reply.

Appreciate all the insight on the Tab S7+! The more I read about people like yourself enjoying it, the more excited I am to get it in my hands.