2 different apps for file management on Samsung Tab?

Tcherno

Feb 9, 2021
Visit site
Hi, I am new user of Android system.
I just received Samsung Tab S7+.

When I download a file from internet, most of the time, I can save the file with 2 options.
One is called "My files" wiht orange icon, and other is called "Files" with blue Icon
https://ibb.co/BPM3BkL

I know how to access directly the app "My Files", but I cannot find the app "Files" in my apps installed.

Do you know where to find it ?

Thank you very much.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, welcome to AC!

The orange is Samsung stock file manager, the blue looks like a 3rd party one like Google file manager , it's not on your apps list ?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The one called "Files" is probably the very basic system file manager, which isn't always available to the user to open manually.

Tcherno

Feb 9, 2021
Visit site
Thank you for your answers. No it is not on my app list, and it is not hidden as well.
Actually I, kind of, prefer the blue one, because I can access 2 different google drives at the same time, when with "My files" it is only one google drive at a time.

Maybe you can recommend a better file management app ?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Moved your question to tab s7 forums , to see if others have this 2nd file manager.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I found that as listed in my apps , but it not in my app drawer or home screen , looks like it's a core app by andriod/Google , what where you trying do at the time it pulled up both options?

This my screen shot on my Note 20UScreenshot_20210210-211845_Settings.jpg

Tcherno

Feb 9, 2021
Visit site
This is this app. How do you get this page ?
To get both option, I think I was downloading a pdf file from one of my google drive to my tablet. After clicking download from notifications, it gives me these both option.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
This is this app. How do you get this page ?
To get both option, I think I was downloading a pdf file from one of my google drive to my tablet. After clicking download from notifications, it gives me these both option.
I went to settings then app list Screenshot_20210211-095410_Settings.jpg

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for your answers. No it is not on my app list, and it is not hidden as well.
Actually I, kind of, prefer the blue one, because I can access 2 different google drives at the same time, when with "My files" it is only one google drive at a time.

Maybe you can recommend a better file management app ?

Solid Explorer is great

Brew Swayne

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
I've had several Samsung tablets and phones over the years and I don't recall ever having more than 1 file explorer pre-installed on any of those devices. I've also found 3rd party file explorers to be less necessary in recent years because Samsung has done a really nice job with their own stock app, imo. 5 or 6 years ago, I hated the stock file explorer, but I've been using the native app for a few years now and I think it's great. Suits my needs perfectly.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I've had several Samsung tablets and phones over the years and I don't recall ever having more than 1 file explorer pre-installed on any of those devices. I've also found 3rd party file explorers to be less necessary in recent years because Samsung has done a really nice job with their own stock app, imo. 5 or 6 years ago, I hated the stock file explorer, but I've been using the native app for a few years now and I think it's great. Suits my needs perfectly.
Agree!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670