Updates Pending...

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi all. I have been having an issue for at least a couple of months now with two apps not updating in Google Play-My Apps and Games- Updates section of my Galaxy Tab S7+. The two apps are: "Android System WebView" and "Google Chrome: Fast & Secure". They are listed under "Upadtes Pending" along with all my other apps that have updates available but when I tap on "Update all" those two apps refuse to update reverting back to the "Update" buttons on the right. If I tap Update nothing happens. If I tap Update all everything updates except those two apps...

I am concerned because those two apps seem very important by the names of them and sound like apps that I would really want to keep up to date. Again this has been months since these two apps updated. Does anyone have any ideas about what might be causing this or how to fix it? Thanks in advance!!

:)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi all. I have been having an issue for at least a couple of months now with two apps not updating in Google Play-My Apps and Games- Updates section of my Galaxy Tab S7+. The two apps are: "Android System WebView" and "Google Chrome: Fast & Secure". They are listed under "Upadtes Pending" along with all my other apps that have updates available but when I tap on "Update all" those two apps refuse to update reverting back to the "Update" buttons on the right. If I tap Update nothing happens. If I tap Update all everything updates except those two apps...

I am concerned because those two apps seem very important by the names of them and sound like apps that I would really want to keep up to date. Again this has been months since these two apps updated. Does anyone have any ideas about what might be causing this or how to fix it? Thanks in advance!!

:)
Hi, try update chrome first then webview , sometimes they need to do one at a time

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi, try update chrome first then webview , sometimes they need to do one at a time

Thanks, unfortunately that didn’t work. I had an idea though, to search for Chrome on the Google Play store and then update it from it’s own app page. When I’m there I see two buttons: “Uninstall” and “Update” when I tap update I get a spinning circle around the chrome icon at the top left of the screen and under the name of the app it says “pending...”

I wonder if I should try uninstalling chrome and reinstalling it. Is that a dangerous thing to do? I don’t want to damage my Tablet...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks, unfortunately that didn’t work. I had an idea though, to search for Chrome on the Google Play store and then update it from it’s own app page. When I’m there I see two buttons: “Uninstall” and “Update” when I tap update I get a spinning circle around the chrome icon at the top left of the screen and under the name of the app it says “pending...”

I wonder if I should try uninstalling chrome and reinstalling it. Is that a dangerous thing to do? I don’t want to damage my Tablet...
Yeah can try that , no danger in doing so

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Yeah can try that , no danger in doing so

Uninstalled and reinstalled chrome but doesn’t seem to have done anything. Still getting a spinning circle around the icon on the chrome page in the play store and still says pending when I try to update it. And in my apps section of play store still does nothing when I try to update...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Uninstalled and reinstalled chrome but doesn’t seem to have done anything. Still getting a spinning circle around the icon on the chrome page in the play store and still says pending when I try to update it. And in my apps section of play store still does nothing when I try to update...
Ok try clear cache and force stop play store then one at a time

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Long press the play store then tap info>scroll to storage and tap>then clear cache and force stop the app

Tried it. Cleared cache for play store and force stopped it. Didn’t work. Tried the same for chrome and webview as well. Still getting the same result when I go to update...

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
OMG!! That worked!! After clearing data and force stopping the Play Store and reopening it it was finally able to update those two apps! Only one problem... it seems to have reverted the play store to an older version and I don’t see how not update that now...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
OMG!! That worked!! After clearing data and force stopping the Play Store and reopening it it was finally able to update those two apps! Only one problem... it seems to have reverted the play store to an older version and I don’t see how not update that now...
Ok great
That should update automatically on it's own

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site

Hhmmmm, Now I’m not sure if it reverted to an older version of the play store or not... it looks a little different than what I’m used to but under settings in the play store it says Play store version 25.0.29-21. Is that what it should be? When I tap on that it says “google play store is up to date” so maybe I’m imagining things.

Anyway, thanks for all your help Mustang7757!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer