I have the S7+ (probably not relevant) and I use the feature to charge only to 85%. I am not sure if the tablet needs to remain turned on for this feature to work properly, or can the tablet be turned off and it will still charge only to 85%? I cannot find this issue discussed anywhere.
    I do have a Sony Xperia 1 iii that has a similar feature but the phone must remain turned on for it to work, which makes sense. How else is the software going to limit the charging according to your choice if the phone is turned off?
    And yet I am not sure when it comes to the tablet because either way I never see anything stating that I am using battery control.
    It would be nice if Samsung did two things here:
    1st) If we are only charging up to 85% then once the charging is completed the batter level should read 85%, NOT 100%! Sony shows you exactly what you chose whether 80%, or 90% as it should be.
    2nd) The tablet should pop up some type of notification reminding you that you are using battery control and the amount the feature is using, whether the tablet needs to be turned on or not!
    So, if anyone can definitively answer this question, or point me to the answer it will truly be appreciated!
    02-05-2022 01:12 PM
    Im pretty sure like 95% it should charge up to 85% on or off when enable , ull double check on my Note 20u and fold 3 as it the same for all in device care
    02-05-2022 05:32 PM
    I have the S7+ (probably not relevant) and I use the feature to charge only to 85%. I am not sure if the tablet needs to remain turned on for this feature to work properly, or can the tablet be turned off and it will still charge only to 85%? I cannot find this issue discussed anywhere.
    I do have a Sony Xperia 1 iii that has a similar feature but the phone must remain turned on for it to work, which makes sense. How else is the software going to limit the charging according to your choice if the phone is turned off?
    And yet I am not sure when it comes to the tablet because either way I never see anything stating that I am using battery control.
    It would be nice if Samsung did two things here:
    1st) If we are only charging up to 85% then once the charging is completed the batter level should read 85%, NOT 100%! Sony shows you exactly what you chose whether 80%, or 90% as it should be.
    2nd) The tablet should pop up some type of notification reminding you that you are using battery control and the amount the feature is using, whether the tablet needs to be turned on or not!
    So, if anyone can definitively answer this question, or point me to the answer it will truly be appreciated!
    Actually the battery management doesn't function. It doesn't matter if you set it for 100% or 80%, the battery will always charge to 4.2 volts which is 100% charge. What should happen is that the battery should charge to approx 4.0 volts for an 80% charge.
    So until Samsung fixes this it doesn't matter what you set it for.
    03-03-2022 05:13 PM