S7+ Keeps restarting

arthurspnr14

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I hope you can help I have the latest updates for my Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ but keeping having problems with random restarts. Another problem is when ever my sd card is taken out I have to wait for the tablet to re-populate all the photo galleries on the card after it's replaced when using the stock Samsung gallery. Any help or advise would be helpful as I don't know what to do next.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How frequent are the restarts? If it's pretty frequent, try booting into Safe Mode and see if persists. If not, then something you installed is probably causing system instability. The challenge would be determining which app is doing it -- you may have to uninstall apps one by one. https://www.t-mobile.com/support/de...-tab-s7-5g/safe-mode-samsung-galaxy-tab-s7-5g

Do you have a lot of photos on the SD card? If so, then each time you remove the card and then reinsert it, the device probably needs to re-scan it for media. If there are a ton of photos, that might take several seconds (or longer).

The SD card could also be a reason for system instability, if it's corrupt. Do the random restarts also happen if the card is removed?

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I hope you can help I have the latest updates for my Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ but keeping having problems with random restarts. Another problem is when ever my sd card is taken out I have to wait for the tablet to re-populate all the photo galleries on the card after it's replaced when using the stock Samsung gallery. Any help or advise would be helpful as I don't know what to do next.

Over the years, this has occasionally happened to devices. It is sometimes really hard to pinpoint the source of the problem. Some possibilities include hardware. My experience tends to be that it is often an outgrowth of an OS update.

Diddy had some good suggestions. Another might be to do a hard reset, wipe the phone and start over. Clear system caches.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I was just reading an online article suggesting that many Android phones no longer have system caches. So don't get too frustrated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I was just reading an online article suggesting that many Android phones no longer have system caches. So don't get too frustrated.

Devices that have dual A/B partitions (for seamless updates) don't have a cache partition to wipe. More and more phones work this way (like all Pixels and all recent Motorola phones), and Google has been trying to encourage more manufacturers to do this. But there are still some holdouts, most notably Samsung (which is why I still suggested wiping the cache partition in this case).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463