verizon tab is finally getting gingerbread.

femme

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Software Update: Samsung Galaxy Tab - COMING SOON!

says software update coming soon, and there are 2 pdf files with the usual information:

i use my tab on wifi only, so hopefully i still get the push. :)

Untitled-1-1.jpg

Dirty Crow

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I just turned off the 3g connection and rooted my tab.... I wonder what i have to do get this update? Unroot? get back on 3g for a month?

Rpatton

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm still un-rooted but I no longer have it connected on verizon data plan in fact i have done a system reset and bypassed the verizon activation my question would be if it will still push out to me. I'm sure i was like most of you out there subscribed to the data for a month then cancelled it i found i never used the data it wasn't worth it

Dirty Crow

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm still un-rooted but I no longer have it connected on verizon data plan in fact i have done a system reset and bypassed the verizon activation my question would be if it will still push out to me. I'm sure i was like most of you out there subscribed to the data for a month then cancelled it i found i never used the data it wasn't worth it

say, if you are unrooted can you tell me what your kernel version is? Mine says kernel version 2.6.32.9 root@SEI-28 #3 but i was rooted and I just unrooted. I guess if the unroot worked i'll just go to verizon and sign back up for a month of 3g , get the OTA and then cancel service ... if they insist that non-wifi users don't get the OTA that is.

so basiclly main question to you is whats your kernel version?

sikpupi#AC

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
We are on stock build here, and un-rooted.

Kernel version is:
root@SEI-28 #3

Build number is:
SCH-I800.EC02

Hope that's a help.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I haven't seen any notices on my tablet yet and when I try to check for updates it says I am up to date. It show on verizon website that the update has been released.

femme

May 27, 2011
Visit site
My tab just got the push! It's not activated, only on WIFI. I just made sure my mobile data network was turned on also. YAY

femme

May 27, 2011
Visit site
PS- The camera update for the front facing cam sucks balls! It's zoomed in too much and blurry. Completely blurry. WTF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12