Tab now available at VZW online

xvflutop

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Not the easiest to get to though. There is now a section in the drop down for tabs, but it doesn't go anywhere. You have to click on the Galaxy S devices section then learn more twice before you have the option to buy it. Online you must select a data plan. Although I'm thinking that with month to month you can just cancel after the first month. Other otions are 1 and 2 year contract, but there is no discount for selecting either. They certainly aren't pushing the galaxy tab

Samsung Galaxy Tab

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
No you can not use this as a phone. You can only get 3G data on it. You will have to use Skype or some similar program to use it as a phone.

FYI -- I think Skype is WiFi only....

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I purchased one in a store this morning and they required me to have the data package to activate it. They told me after I could cancel it at anytime.

slbailey1

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
I purchased one in a store this morning and they required me to have the data package to activate it. They told me after I could cancel it at anytime.

Do the Galaxy Tab have the Android Market, the Reader's Hub and the Media Hub? The one I played with at the store did not.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
@Mclarryjr -- What is your impression of it so far? Is it worth getting? I think I want one, but I'm not sure.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
@Mclarryjr -- What is your impression of it so far? Is it worth getting? I think I want one, but I'm not sure.

Now that I have the mobile view thing fixed I really like it. The browser is a little slow compared to my DI but not to bad. The only way to get ride of the mobile view for me was to use Dolphin browser.

I was able to use all my paid application that I use on my phone which was a big plus. I can sync all my document with my PC using doc to go which was the reason I purchased the tab. Some widget are of center if they are 4 by 1 because the screen is 5 wide.

I like the views on the email and calendar apps which I'm sure you have seen in the videos. Facebook synced all my contact photos in the contact application just fine.

The size for me seems perfect, it fits in my coat pocket just fine and typing feels really comfortable and easy.

Overall I'm pretty impressed with it so far but I haven't had much time to play with it yet. So far I'm glad I bought it and think it was worth the 600 bones.

Anev

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm loving my Tab. I own a 3G 64G iPad and the Tab is far better in my opinion. Browsing is fine if you avoid the vileness of Flash, once you hit that it seems to slow down.

The battery life is nice, as good as the iPad which seems to last and last and last. I've been playing with the Tab all night and through this morning. It got to halfway from no charge after I bought it after about 4 hours.

The Verizon version, I can't find a way to activate the camera on the front. I guess since you can't make calls they disabled that. I'm still looking, why? Because I paid for it, so I must turn it on!

Speed and performance are nice, I have a Droid Incredible so I miss my HTC interface but the standard Android interface works for now. I'll keep the 3G option active, that was the best feature of a tablet to me. I can be anywhere and never have to worry about not being connected. What's the point with just WiFi...

I like the calender and email views. They'll do though I know I'm going to want to change their look sooner rather than later.

And, I pad over $1,000 for my iPad - TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY. I paid $600 for the Tab and it's been worth every freaking penny.

jrmuller

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Answer - Worth getting.. If your an Android Phone user, no need to repay for your apps they all come with you.. Once you login to the Marketplace.