Galaxy Tab apps that DON'T run fullscreen

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Sad, but true. A number of apps don't run fullscreen on the Tab. I'm going to keep a running list here. Feel free to add your own.

Minisquadron
Reckless Racing
EA Tetris
Impossible Level Game
Super Tumble

jasonaward

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
The Spare Parts hack isn't flawless... for example, WeatherBug displayed the application "fullscreen", however the action buttons at the bottom of the app weren't accessible.

IIJBII

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
**Disclaimer - I'm not trying to plug or promote the iPad. I'm just relating my experience with apps and hoping this will be the case in this situation.

I'm thinking this will be something that will be fixed in the future? I know then the iPad was launched there were a lot of apps that didn't run "true" full screen (without enlarging the iPhone) app. I know some of these have been updated as the demand for the tablet version of the apps grows.

jasonaward

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
**Disclaimer - I'm not trying to plug or promote the iPad. I'm just relating my experience with apps and hoping this will be the case in this situation.

I'm thinking this will be something that will be fixed in the future? I know then the iPad was launched there were a lot of apps that didn't run "true" full screen (without enlarging the iPhone) app. I know some of these have been updated as the demand for the tablet version of the apps grows.

Well, since many apps run fullscreen flawlessly, it seems that it's an app programming issue. Of course, with future versions of Android, I suspect they'll make it even easier to program scalable apps (more features, etc). But really, it depends on the app developers to make this happen.

jaffanz

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Pulse - on landscape the slide thumbnail view response is one square off. ie to select 2nd thumbnail click on third thumbnail and so on. sizing of every ok on screen though.

ConceptVBS

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Google already presented the programming guidelines for developers to follow density independent API. Most developers have followed the recommended guidelines(as you can see the majority of the apps work full screen with no modifications), but like anything in life, there are always a few sour apples in the group.

DOOG9517

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Yeah Asphalt doesn't work on my VZW Tab either. It seems as though Verizon left out a bunch of other Tab apps too. Social Hub, Readers Hub...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton