turning on without pressing power button?

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
thanks, but i dont think it works as I wanted on galaxy tab. I am fine with default lockscreen, I just want some way other than power button to wake the device. volume button seems to be the only choice on this device.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Having the volume buttons right next to the power button it really wouldn't be a benefit to use to wake the phone. I do wish the power button was on the top of the device rather then the side.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
i asked this question because I always like to have multiple ways to wake up the electronic devices, in case one button get to be used too much and wear out.

Trankster

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Any new developments or alternatives to the power button (or volume w/ Widget Locker) to turning on / waking up the Galaxy Tab? O,r is there a screen saver that turns the screen off (saving power) but will turn on with a touch?

ChrisKraemer77

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
In playing around with my Verizon Note Edge today, I discovered I was able to turn on the Edge screen by quickly swiping from the bottom of the edge screen, up about a third of the way, and then quickly back down. It turned on the night clock and then started scrolling showing any notifications I had waiting...pretty sweet! I do have the flip case on the phone, but did remove it and test it without and it still seemed to work. I have not been able to find anything documented on this, but it worked for me. Anyone else?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781