Dumb question

malhotra365

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking of trying to pickup a Tab today. I was looking at the data plans. I already have an EVO. Since my evo is already a hotspot, can I just not get a data plan and use the Tab through my phone? Or if a plan is required through sprint, I should just get the cheapest plan right? Since I'll always have my phone, and it doesn't have a data limit.

Raj

Bigchris

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking of trying to pickup a Tab today. I was looking at the data plans. I already have an EVO. Since my evo is already a hotspot, can I just not get a data plan and use the Tab through my phone? Or if a plan is required through sprint, I should just get the cheapest plan right? Since I'll always have my phone, and it doesn't have a data limit.

Raj

There are a few that are doing just that, using there EVO or other phones as hotspots and not getting a plan. The one thing I would make sure of if you get a Sprint Tab, is if it will work without a contract, I've heard of some not working without it being activated.

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if anyone has been able to get Sprint to add the Hot Spot feature to their phone, Evo for example, AND get the $399 contract price for the Tab.

Make sense? It sure does to me. :|

jackitoday

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I went to Best Buy today to try to decide between an iPad and Tab. I met some goals at work and my boss is buying me one - my choice. It's driving me crazy trying to decide. I'm an Android girl - never had an Apple product in my life. The 10" is beautiful but seems too big, the 7" tab is gorgeous and seems pretty perfect. But my credit only allows me 3 lines on Sprint so I'd have to buy it off contract, which seems do-able. I have a rooted EVO and a mifi for my computers at home, so wifi is all around me. Will I be able to use the off contract tablet with my existing wifi? Any other thoughts to help me decide?

Bigchris

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I went to Best Buy today to try to decide between an iPad and Tab. I met some goals at work and my boss is buying me one - my choice. It's driving me crazy trying to decide. I'm an Android girl - never had an Apple product in my life. The 10" is beautiful but seems too big, the 7" tab is gorgeous and seems pretty perfect. But my credit only allows me 3 lines on Sprint so I'd have to buy it off contract, which seems do-able. I have a rooted EVO and a mifi for my computers at home, so wifi is all around me. Will I be able to use the off contract tablet with my existing wifi? Any other thoughts to help me decide?

So far, it looks like you can use it off contract with T-mobile with no problems. There was some rumors that you could not use the Sprint or the Verizon Tabs without a data package.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

Raj

Depends, subsidised or not? That will determine your cost. Throw down retail and enjoy your evo hot spot. IMO network pads are a royal rip.:cool:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante