Sprint insurance

highwayman1224

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Went to Bestbuy last night & got the Sprint version of the Galaxy Tab. Called Sprint this morning to add insurance to it & they told me they don't offer insurance on the Tab. Anybody else heard this? Can I go back to Bestbuy & add insurance to it after I already bought it?

9th Ward

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Got my GT at Sprint and I confirmed that I am paying $7/month for the TEP insurance.
Really? I asked the Sprint store to add it for me and they said it wasn't available for the Tab. I don't even see the option to add it on My Sprint online... I'll call Sprint Customer Care this morning to try again.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Ask them if it a special case where you have to buy it directly from them to insure it. I doubt it but since this isn't as popular as cellphone devices, they might have restrictions on how you can and can't get insurance. I hope that is not the case but you never know.

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I spoke to Customer Service, Customer Service Sup, Tech Support, and Advanced Tech Support and they all said it wasnt available.

It isnt up to Sprint, it is up to your insurance company. Depending where you are in the country, you either have Asurion or Lockline. Contact them to confirm...