Galaxy Tab3 7" keeps resetting time and date... (And I have 2 and they both are doing it)

hychamaz

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone,
I have 2 7 inch Galaxy Tab 3 7inchers... They are both constantly resetting themselves to Jan1st at Nidnight of 2011. I have read other posts... They both loose their connections until I manually reset the date and time.. They are both running 4.1.2.. I have not rooted them. I am just learning about that lol as it was done on my old s2 phone but by an expert...
I dont know if a solution has been made to this time and date changing problem.... Many posts say to do a factory restart.. My concern from my limited knowledge is that I can backup the apps and such on the tabs but data (for emample being on level 40 of Angry Birds or Pou.. Will all be lost..) My kids would be very pissed... Is there a way to backup not just the app or program, or game but its actual DATA to say saveto my laptop and then put it back after a reset??
Thanks a million, Graham

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does the Tab 3 give you the option to select Automatic Network Date & Time? I know that certain devices only have manual date and time settings.

You could try booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the cache partition, which doesn't erase any personal data, and can sometimes help with various issues: Reset: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 | T-Mobile Support

hychamaz

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
I appreciate your response. I bought the 2 tabs for my kids last Christamas at the same time. They only have manual settings for the date and time... I can see one unit being defective... But both!! And btw one of them always resets to Jan 1 2011 and the other to Jan 1 2012... Its crazy... And its becoming more frequent..

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If both tabs are doing this, then it's possible that some app or game that you've installed on both is causing issues. Try booting one of them into Safe Mode (instructions are in that previous link), which disables all 3rd party apps temporarily.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance