Samsung Needs To Get Hot With The Ads

GMoney749

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Just about every casual observer on the plane:

"Hey, is that the new Kindle?"

"Hey, I noticed you were using your iPad on the plane. Was it on the internet?"

Either start getting serious about the ads, or start paying me for covering you.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I agree with you on that..I told my brother that I bought one from T-Mobile, he had no idea what it was and who sold it!

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have to agree with you too I'm getting so sick of hearing is that an ipad. I did see a commercial the other day but only once.

jackitoday

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
My husband called me to the living room to watch a commercial for 'some gadget you might like'. I was holding the tab in my hand as I watched the tab commercial -- said, hey, I'm holding it in my hand! He said, well I thought it looked familiar. :)

But I have been home all weekend and I've seen Galaxy Tab commercials many many times in two days. Nice to see it getting some air time.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
No idea how many times I have whipped out my Vibrant just for someone to say "Is that the new iPhone?". I agree, I am tired of Android not being treated as it's own thing in pop culture. Also tired of people calling it a Droid...

Sent from my Nexus S

GMoney749

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
My husband called me to the living room to watch a commercial for 'some gadget you might like'. I was holding the tab in my hand as I watched the tab commercial -- said, hey, I'm holding it in my hand! He said, well I thought it looked familiar. :)

But I have been home all weekend and I've seen Galaxy Tab commercials many many times in two days. Nice to see it getting some air time.

That's hilarious. I've been working with the TV on for the last 13 hours and I have seen the commercial 3 times today. I guess it's a start, but during the same period I've probably heard the "amazing retina display" ad at least a hundred times.

Last edited:

GMoney749

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
No idea how many times I have whipped out my Vibrant just for someone to say "Is that the new iPhone?". I agree, I am tired of Android not being treated as it's own thing in pop culture. Also tired of people calling it a Droid...

Sent from my Nexus S

It's all about the marketing and the mind share. I get that with my EVO all the time. But then, I did notice as I was traveling yesterday that I saw more Android devices than iPhones.

Competition is good.

EpicRavensFan

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I see ads all the time here in Baltimore. I have'nt seen any galaxy s phone ads from samsung anymore, so I guess they have moved on from that. I went to both best buy and best buy mobile this weekend to get my son a phone for xmas and in both stores there were several people playing with the tab. I was playing poler on mine and the clerk in best buy was like, "is that the galaxy tab? How do you like it?" I told him it was great and he said he was thinking of getting one because he had a my touch 4g. So I guess some people do know of it, even though it does get mistaken for an ipad pretty regular when I whip it out.

GMoney749

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I see ads all the time here in Baltimore. I have'nt seen any galaxy s phone ads from samsung anymore, so I guess they have moved on from that. I went to both best buy and best buy mobile this weekend to get my son a phone for xmas and in both stores there were several people playing with the tab. I was playing poler on mine and the clerk in best buy was like, "is that the galaxy tab? How do you like it?" I told him it was great and he said he was thinking of getting one because he had a my touch 4g. So I guess some people do know of it, even though it does get mistaken for an ipad pretty regular when I whip it out.

All three Best Buys in my area have the Tab tucked away at the back of the mobile area along the accessory wall where I've actually had to go looking around to find it (hell, at the first store, when I couldn't find it, I asked an employee, and he didn't know what I was talking about), while all three stores had the iPad at the intersection of two main aisles in the store...