My Samsung GT-S7560 M is out of space for updates but SD card is empty, why?

pintree3

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
samsung GT-S7560 M out of space for updates but SD card is empty

OK I can't update basic apps because it says my phone is out of space and it's asking me to delete some apps.
Most of the apps came with the phone (youtube, flipboard, Google play movies etc.). 169 in all--most of which I don't use nor want but can't remove. As to the amount of apps I installed. there are only 20 of them and most (mine or system apps) can't be moved to my SD card either for some reason or other since the phone or its OS won't allow it. So here I am with a phone less than a year old, full of apps that I don't want and initially updated themselves and the apps I do want can't be updated. Something is very wrong here. Can anybody help?
BTW I will be leaving the country soon therefore my warranty will no longer be good anyway so if I need to hack my own phone I don't mind. Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: samsung GT-S7560 M out of space for updates but SD card is empty

Welcome to Android Central! This is the main problem with phones that only have 4 GB of internal storage. After accounting for the system and preinstalled apps, the user typically only has about 1 GB or less to use for app installation, and the SD card is not useful in this regard. See this guide for tips on how to maximize your internal storage: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roid-memory-how-deal-low-memory-warnings.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781