Why won't my Galaxy Tab S mp4 files play from the sd card but are ok from internal memory?

A

AC Question

galaxy tab s mp4 files won't play from sd card but are ok from internal memory

same mp4 movie file plays from the internal storage but gives an error message when moved to sdcard. using a Samsung 64gb card that works fine with my music. Have tried various conversions suggestions (ideal, aiososoft, etc) to no avail. Any suggestions. thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: galaxy tab s mp4 files won't play from sd card but are ok from internal memory

Welcome to Android Central! Which video player app are you using, the stock one? Have you tried a different card?

regoettle

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: galaxy tab s mp4 files won't play from sd card but are ok from internal memory

have tried 2 Samsung cards 64gb class 10 and 128gb UHS-1 - same results with both. Can copy and play music to cards but not movies.
have tried stock player, mx video, video player for android, simple video player, and wonder...(sorry forget full name) there may be a couple of others as well that I'm leaving off. Card indicates movies on copied to the sd card based on size used /remaining but the movie icons show 0/00 vs 0/2:12 for the same movie installed on the internal memory. The error message is can't play file. Been at this for several weeks (researching and multiple efforts coping). Thanks in advance for any assistance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

You've already done all of the things I would suggest, so I'm afraid I won't be of much help. Do you know anyone else with a Tab S? See if you can try playing those movies on their device. Or go to the nearest Best Buy and ask the sales rep if it's ok to plug your SD card into the floor model, and see if the same problem occurs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34